Blue Jackets
Top Contributor

Kingsman: The Golden Circle

Postby Blue Jackets » Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:43 am

Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:17 am

Is that 3rd image Jeff Bridges?! Couldn't even recognize him. I had to look at the cast and try to figure it out that way.

"You know what would totally make all you guys look like spies? Let's have every one put on glasses!"
Jeff Bridges - "I'm not wearing them."
sigh * "Ok, everyone else, put your glasses on."
Blue Jackets
Top Contributor

Postby Blue Jackets » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:25 am

Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:28 pm

wags83

Postby wags83 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:33 pm

Way awesome
Tyler
Owner

Re: Kingsman: The Golden Circle

Postby Tyler » Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:01 pm

Family Guy goes full Kingsman
https://youtu.be/J9rDRDHmCAc
wags83

Postby wags83 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:25 pm

That scene is so badass.
Blue Jackets
Top Contributor

Postby Blue Jackets » Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:47 am

Reviews are now out. Doesn't look like it's going to be as good as the first one.
Tyler
Owner

Re: RE: Kingsman: The Golden Circle

Postby Tyler » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:03 am

Blue Jackets wrote:Reviews are now out. Doesn't look like it's going to be as good as the first one.
I hope to see it this weekend regardless. I'm sure it will be fun.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:27 am

I still need to see the 2nd one! It came out on digital last week and DVD yesterday. I'll try watching over the weekend.
wags83

Postby wags83 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:06 am

Yeah I haven't seen 2 yet and I really want to.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:03 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post I still need to see the 2nd one! It came out on digital last week and DVD yesterday. I'll try watching over the weekend.

I succeed.

I thought the movie was alright but it feel short of the first movie. People went into the first movie with no expectations so it was easy to surprise them with a fun movie. I knew what to expect this time and was a little disappointed with how similar it copied the first one.
-Billionaire wants to take over the world
-Finds a way to infect millions/billions of people (cell phone in first one, drugs in this one)
-Infected people go through weird stages (killing each other vs wacky death zombies)
-Save the day by hitting a big button that cures everyone

The weirdest part of the film to me was how they used the cast/characters.
I really liked Eggsy and Roxy's relationship. Male and female character that were just friends. She was actually helping him impress his girlfriend.jk. nvm. lol. she ded. (I bet she is back for the 3rd)
Channing Tatum and Jeff Bridges were shown so much in the trailer, but they are in the movie for less than 10 minutes. Elton John had a larger role than both of these guys combined. Elton was great in this and a total surprise that he would have such a big part, but I wanted more Channing.
RIP Merlin. They had a mine sweeper with them, but they somehow stepped on a mine?

If you remember from the first one I thought the butt joke landed poorly, however, the 2 references to it in this movie got a chuckle out of me.
Princess: If you save the world, you know what that means.
Elton: If you save the world, you'll get a backstage pass.

Closing thoughts... the fight scenes were fun and worth watching the movie for.
purple_hayes

Postby purple_hayes » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:10 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post
Tyler wrote:Source of the post I still need to see the 2nd one! It came out on digital last week and DVD yesterday. I'll try watching over the weekend.

I succeed.

I thought the movie was alright but it feel short of the first movie. People went into the first movie with no expectations so it was easy to surprise them with a fun movie. I knew what to expect this time and was a little disappointed with how similar it copied the first one.
-Finds a way to infect millions/billions of people (cell phone in first one, drugs in this one)
-Infected people go through weird stages (killing each other vs wacky death zombies)

I really liked Eggsy and Roxy's relationship. Male and female character that were just friends. She was actually helping him impress his girlfriend.jk. nvm. lol. she ded. (I bet she is back for the 3rd)
Channing Tatum and Jeff Bridges were shown so much in the trailer, but they are in the movie for less than 10 minutes. Elton John had a larger role than both of these guys combined. Elton was great in this and a total surprise that he would have such a big part, but I wanted more Channing.
RIP Merlin. They had a mine sweeper with them, but they somehow stepped on a mine?

If you remember from the first one I thought the butt joke landed poorly, however, the 2 references to it in this movie got a chuckle out of me.

I agree with you mostly. I enjoyed the film, but was disappointed. Where the first one seemed to be a good Bond film that made fun of itself, this one totally went off the deep end. In the two films we saw of the Kingsmen, they all die. I mean, really? Not a very good super spy group if everything you have gets blown up every time.

I thought this was a bit too rushed and tried to shove tooo much into it. I mean, you had to nearly kill off Tatum in this... of the people they used, he is the one I would vote to be most likely to do drugs. Pedro Pascal is an amazing actor, I wish they would have gone in a different direction with him. Just not buying the choice they made with him.

I don't know if we will get a 3rd installment of this series, as they barely have anyone left to kill off.
Huss Buss
Top Contributor

Postby Huss Buss » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:39 pm

I succeed.

Really disappointed with the Tatum.. i agree wasn't as good as first but wasn't bad at all. You just need to be a billionaire I guess to rule the world.
wags83

Postby wags83 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:59 pm

I pretty much agree with Tyler's post. I still liked it but definitely lost a bit of it's charm compared to the first one.

I also thought Whiskey's motive to be a double agent was a bit weak. His high school girlfriend was killed by meth heads so all drug users in the world should die...seems like a stretch.
Tyler
Owner

Re: RE: Kingsman: The Golden Circle

Postby Tyler » Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:45 pm

wags83 wrote:I pretty much agree with Tyler's post. I still liked it but definitely lost a bit of it's charm compared to the first one.

I also thought Whiskey's motive to be a double agent was a bit weak. His high school girlfriend was killed by meth heads so all drug users in the world should die...seems like a stretch.
Agreed. They planted th tiniest of seeds when the picture was used to wake him, but it was weak motivation. I did like the president being evil and being okay with it all.
purple_hayes

Postby purple_hayes » Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:40 am

wags83 wrote:I pretty much agree with Tyler's post. I still liked it but definitely lost a bit of it's charm compared to the first one.

Agreed. They planted th tiniest of seeds when the picture was used to wake him, but it was weak motivation. I did like the president being evil and being okay with it all.

Yeah, Whiskey's motivation was extremely weak... I could see him not helping to save drug addicts but to openly try to help kill them off... yeah, totally weak. The President not wanting to save people to end the war on drugs was awesome. but woulnd't new people want to do drugs?
Tyler
Owner

Re: Kingsman: The Golden Circle

Postby Tyler » Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:46 am

I'm guessing his thought was new people wouldn't want to do drugs in fear that something like this would happen again.

In this fantasy version of our world though Hoppy could just take over farms and do the same poison thing.

Return to “Movies”