SleepyChimera

I am Heath Ledger - documentary

Postby SleepyChimera » Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:50 am

This actually seems pretty cool
Blue Jackets
Top Contributor

Postby Blue Jackets » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:26 am

Heath Ledger's sister clears up rumour linking Joker role to actor's death at I Am Heath Ledger premiere

Heath Ledger’s tragic death before the release of The Dark Knight led to rampant speculation over how playing the Joker contributed to his mental health.

Speaking at Tribeca Film Festival following the premiere of the documentary I Am Heath Ledger, the actor’s sister Kate dismissed those rumours.

"I was really shocked because that was him having fun," she told the audience at a Q&A, according to The Telegraph. "Every report was coming out that he was depressed and that [the role] was taking this toll on him, and we're going, honestly, it was the absolute opposite. It couldn't be more wrong.

"He had an amazing sense of humour, and I guess maybe only his family and friends knew that, but he was having fun. He wasn't depressed about the Joker!”
SleepyChimera

Postby SleepyChimera » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:09 am

AKA...... She's trying to dispel the Curse of the Joker myth
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:43 am

SleepyChimera wrote:Source of the post AKA...... She's trying to dispel the Curse of the Joker myth

What is this myth? I don't think I've heard of this.
SleepyChimera

Postby SleepyChimera » Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:55 pm

It's a supposed curse placed on the Live Action role of the Joker:
Cesar Romera - originally played in the 1960s. No issues reported
Jack Nicholson - played in 1989. Warned Ledger about issues regarding playing the role.
he was "furious" when Ledger landed the role in The Dark Knight, then later alarmed reporters after Ledger's death by vaguely musing, "Well, I warned him."

Roger Stoneburner - played the Joker in Birds of Prey (TV series form 2002-2003). Received ZERO credit. all credit was given to Mark Hamill who voiced the lines for the part.
Heath Ledger - Played the Joker in 2008. We all know how that went. Reports say not only did he study intensively for the role, but only slept 2 hours a night during studying and filming.
Jared Leto - Suicide Squad. Sent bizarre gifts to the other crew members as well as non members. IE
  • Rat to Margot Robbie
  • Dead pig given to other various cast
  • used condoms and anal beads to Will Smith, Margot Robbie, Adewale Akinouye-Agbaje
  • etc
Smith, who plays Deadshot, confirmed he received a few disturbing gifts from his costar, but indicated they served a purpose beyond shock value. “Jared went full Joker. The rule, generally, is never go full Joker, but he really set the tone. He wasn’t playing with it, he was dead serious. As an actor, he was going in… he really jarred [us],”

Robbie, who appears in Suicide Squad as Harley Quinn, added: “I can’t even begin to tell you the things I got [from Jared]. By that point, I feel like I knew The Joker a bit, so it wasn’t as alarming, but yeah, there were many instances where I didn’t know what to expect from Jared.”

I know plenty of people who still watch Jared Leto and his roles to see of any change in mental behavior, ticks, or personality to see if there is any lasting effect from having gone "full Joker"
wags83

Postby wags83 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:13 pm

Seems like a pretty weak curse.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:42 pm

I've read that stuff about Leto before. I use to respect him, but that sounds very dumb. How is that not harassment? I hope the stories aren't true or they were little pranks that got blown out of proportion
SleepyChimera

Postby SleepyChimera » Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:52 am

wags83 wrote:Source of the post Seems like a pretty weak curse.

What I didn't state (because I couldn't find a direct quote or resource during my quick double checking) is that there have been multiple instances of the actors taking up therapy or some such after having the roles. I will admit that I can NOT remember where I read or heard that though.

Tyler wrote:Source of the post I've read that stuff about Leto before. I use to respect him, but that sounds very dumb. How is that not harassment? I hope the stories aren't true or they were little pranks that got blown out of proportion

As far as I've read/half-assed researched, the stories are pretty accurate. I've seen quotes that are supposedly directly from Leto stating these things, and Quotes from the receiving individuals that state the same gifts and what not.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:56 am

SleepyChimera wrote:Source of the post As far as I've read/half-assed researched, the stories are pretty accurate. I've seen quotes that are supposedly directly from Leto stating these things, and Quotes from the receiving individuals that state the same gifts and what not.

Ugh, so method actors are d-bags. Got it.
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Postby cwilkins88 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:04 pm

Tyler wrote:
SleepyChimera wrote:Source of the post As far as I've read/half-assed researched, the stories are pretty accurate. I've seen quotes that are supposedly directly from Leto stating these things, and Quotes from the receiving individuals that state the same gifts and what not.

Ugh, so method actors are d-bags. Got it.

Except Daniel day Lewis. He's the bomb

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Blue Jackets
Top Contributor

Postby Blue Jackets » Thu May 04, 2017 6:30 am

cwilkins88 wrote:Source of the post Except Daniel day Lewis. He's the bomb

https://youtu.be/kLQ8qT8TNiM

Return to “Movies”