Page 8 of 12

Fantasy Movie League

Posted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:34 pm
by Tyler
I'm locked in with my riskiest picks yet

Fantasy Movie League

Posted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:48 pm
by Tyler
Purple_Hayes copied me again!

The most popular choice with the pros was:
Fri Spiderman
Sun Spiderman
5x Big Stick
PotC or Mummy

Fantasy Movie League

Posted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:45 pm
by Tyler
Tyler wrote:Source of the post I'm locked in with my riskiest picks yet

and...isn't paying off. I was hoping Baby Driver would have the best ratio, but it's going to be The Big Stick.

Looking like Meg will have her first weekly win!

Fantasy Movie League

Posted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:09 pm
by megatron
No way!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Fantasy Movie League

Posted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:17 am
by Tyler
megatron wrote:Source of the post No way!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I don't think you had the single highest combo, but you may have been within like $2million of it. Great job!

Fantasy Movie League

Posted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:31 am
by purple_hayes
Tyler wrote:Source of the post Purple_Hayes copied me again!


For the record... you've copied me twice that I remember. I offered to change this time but you said it would have been cheating.

Fantasy Movie League

Posted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:48 pm
by megatron
How do you see the other people in the group's picks? It always looks empty to me when I'm picking...

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Re: RE: Fantasy Movie League

Posted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:17 pm
by Tyler
megatron wrote:How do you see the other people in the group's picks? It always looks empty to me when I'm picking...

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

You can't see the other picks until Friday at 11am central.

I'm glad the person who beat me understand the game...NOT!

Fantasy Movie League

Posted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:39 pm
by megatron
Yeah it took me a few weeks to even realize that you can pick the same movie for multiple blocks. I don't have time to read rules!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Fantasy Movie League

Posted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:33 pm
by Tyler
Aside from me, this is the closet week yet! Won't know the true winner until late tomorrow or early Tuesday I bet.

Fantasy Movie League

Posted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:03 pm
by Tyler
Tyler wrote:Source of the post Aside from me, this is the closet week yet! Won't know the true winner until late tomorrow or early Tuesday I bet.

Looking like bmyoungs (Main Street 3) is going to take this one

Fantasy Movie League

Posted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:09 pm
by bmyoungs
Tyler wrote:
Tyler wrote:Source of the post Aside from me, this is the closet week yet! Won't know the true winner until late tomorrow or early Tuesday I bet.

Looking like bmyoungs (Main Street 3) is going to take this one

Boom

Fantasy Movie League

Posted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:39 am
by cwilkins88
This was probably the closest week we've ever had. That was nuts.

Fantasy Movie League

Posted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:48 am
by Tyler
cwilkins88 wrote:Source of the post This was probably the closest week we've ever had. That was nuts.

It was basically if you spent 95% of your money on movies you were going to be within $3million of everyone.

Fantasy Movie League

Posted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:06 am
by purple_hayes
Tyler wrote:Source of the post
cwilkins88 wrote:Source of the post This was probably the closest week we've ever had. That was nuts.

It was basically if you spent 95% of your money on movies you were going to be within $3million of everyone.


This week will be even more difficult. So... with Dunkirk being the big movie to release... again, another movie that seems to be more fitting for Spring or Fall.

Fantasy Movie League

Posted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:16 am
by Tyler
Purple_Hayes, Wilkins, and I get way into this. We get so excited every Friday to see everyone's picks that we send them to each other early and pinky promise that we won't change them after seeing what the competition picked.

Fantasy Movie League

Posted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:26 am
by megatron
Tyler wrote:Purple_Hayes, Wilkins, and I get way into this. We get so excited every Friday to see everyone's picks that we send them to each other early and pinky promise that we won't change them after seeing what the competition picked.
Nerd alert! I have to do it Thursday when I get the email reminder or I totally forget.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Fantasy Movie League

Posted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:27 pm
by Tyler
A lot of difference strategies this week. The best players in the game did Dunkirk, 5x Big Sick, 47 Meters Down.
I could see Big Sick having the best ratio this week and if you did 5x that is an extra $10million.

Fantasy Movie League

Posted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:10 pm
by bmyoungs
Tyler wrote:A lot of difference strategies this week. The best players in the game did Dunkirk, 5x Big Sick, 47 Meters Down.
I could see Big Sick having the best ratio this week and if you did 5x that is an extra $10million.
I did not know about that extra 2 Mill

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Re: Fantasy Movie League

Posted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:13 pm
by Tyler
Get with the program bmyoungs! That's why that week Baby Driver came out did so well for me. That was 8x2 million just because it was the movie with the best cost to revenue ratio.

Every week there is a movie poster with a little star in the corner. That's the winner.