Tyler
Owner

'Battle of the Sexes' Trailer - Emma Stone and Steve Carell

Postby Tyler » Tue May 16, 2017 12:52 pm

Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:52 pm

Saw this today. I liked it, but not something everyone needs to rush out to watch. I will admit I didn't know this story at all so I wasn't sure what the outcome would be. I recognized some of the names because of trivia podcasts, but I knew nothing about these real tennis players. This is only like 1/4th a sports movie. The bulk of the movie is about BJK transitioning from a heterosexual to a homosexual; an interesting story, but not the one I was expecting. I was also surprised about how serious it all was, I was expecting a lot more comedy.

Steve Carrell and Emma Stone both do great, but Carrell is in this movie less than 40%. BJK's new girlfriend might have as much screentime as he does.
megatron

Postby megatron » Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:40 pm

Corey and I saw this yesterday too. I agree that it definitely had much more to do with Billie Jean's first female love than I thought. It's always sort of infuriating watching movies like this that depict what it was like for women in the past. Male chauvanism was celebrated, which made me mad. Even though we are not where we should be still, I am happy I live in this time now vs in the 70s during the time of this movie.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Return to “Movies”