Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Dark Universe

Discuss your favorite movies
Blue Jackets

Dark Universe

Postby Blue Jackets » Tue May 23, 2017 6:39 am

First Image of Universal's "Dark Universe" Connected Films Cast Members

Dark Universe films will be distinguished by performances from some of the most talented and popular global superstars stepping into iconic roles, as well as electric new talents whose careers are starting to break through. While previously announced, the stars of both imminent and future Dark Universe projects are gathered for the first time in the attached photo: The Invisible Man and Frankenstein’s Monster will be played by, respectively, blockbuster icon Johnny Depp and Academy Award® winner Javier Bardem, who appear together later this summer in Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales. Those actors join superstar Tom Cruise as soldier of fortune Nick Morton and Oscar® winner Russell Crowe as Dr. Henry Jekyll, who lead the all-star cast of The Mummy, along with Sofia Boutella, the actress who embodies the title role in that film.

At its organizing principle, Dark Universe films are connected by a mysterious multi-national organization known as Prodigium. Led by the enigmatic and brilliant Dr. Henry Jekyll, Prodigium’s mission is to track, study and—when necessary—destroy evil embodied in the form of monsters in our world. Working outside the aegis of any government, and with practices concealed by millennia of secrecy, Prodigium protects the public from knowledge of the evil that exists just beyond the thin membrane of civilized society…and will go to any length to contain it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCm2PX5Iz00
wags83

Dark Universe

Postby wags83 » Tue May 23, 2017 7:16 am

Is there going to be a wolf man and Dracula and swamp thing too?
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Dark Universe

Postby cwilkins88 » Tue May 23, 2017 7:49 am

I dont think I'll ever watch these.
Tyler
Owner

Dark Universe

Postby Tyler » Tue May 23, 2017 7:55 am

wags83 wrote:Source of the post Is there going to be a wolf man and Dracula and swamp thing too?

I'm sure they are saving that for Phase 2 because this will be so successful /s
Tyler
Owner

Dark Universe

Postby Tyler » Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:26 am

wags83

Dark Universe

Postby wags83 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:39 am

Quasimodo's not a monster! You're the monster!
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Dark Universe

Postby cwilkins88 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:05 pm

I read this and I thought they were announcing a movie between Constantine and other supernatural super heroes like Justice League: Dark. Then I remembered I've already read this thread and thought the same thing before. I hate everything about this.
Fawlty
On Probation

Dark Universe

Postby Fawlty » Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:42 pm

cwilkins88 wrote:I read this and I thought they were announcing a movie between Constantine and other supernatural super heroes like Justice League: Dark. Then I remembered I've already read this thread and thought the same thing before. I hate everything about this.

Same. Give me the Demon Etrigan or GTFO
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Dark Universe

Postby cwilkins88 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:10 pm

Etrigan was awesome.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Tyler
Owner

Re: Dark Universe

Postby Tyler » Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:10 pm

Popular theory is that Cruise character will turn out to be Van Helsing
purple_hayes

Dark Universe

Postby purple_hayes » Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:18 am

I find it funny that the next movie in the 'Dark Universe' was going to be 'Bride of Frankenstein' and not the story of Frankenstein. Why not try to bring back the creature from the black lagoon first? Its a story that hasn't been done and redone over and over again. Movie studios are lost.
Tyler
Owner

Dark Universe

Postby Tyler » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:06 am

Who could have seen this coming?!

Oh wait...literally everyone.
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Dark Universe

Postby cwilkins88 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:48 am

This needed to happen. Ideally before the mummy was filmed.
purple_hayes

Dark Universe

Postby purple_hayes » Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:52 pm

Tyler wrote:Source of the post

Hope this means they bring someone who knows how to run a good movie universe. I don't know understand why they didn't center the universe on Van Helsing. Tom Cruise could have been him, maybe. Then had him go around fighting monsters from movie to movie or something. I hope those two never get another movie.
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Dark Universe

Postby cwilkins88 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:45 pm

purple_hayes wrote:Source of the post
Tyler wrote:Source of the post

Hope this means they bring someone who knows how to run a good movie universe. I don't know understand why they didn't center the universe on Van Helsing. Tom Cruise could have been him, maybe. Then had him go around fighting monsters from movie to movie or something. I hope those two never get another movie.

Because they tried that already with Kate Beckinsale, Wolverine, and James McAvoy and it still sucked. It's just not interesting anymore.
purple_hayes

Dark Universe

Postby purple_hayes » Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:22 pm

cwilkins88 wrote:Because they tried that already with Kate Beckinsale, Wolverine, and James McAvoy and it still sucked. It's just not interesting anymore.

That movie was nothing but a crappy cash grab. Horribly written, tiredly acted, and only saving grace was Beckinsdale in that corset. The universe could be done... Tom Cruise or someone could have been the decendant of the great Van Helsing... the organization has been around forever, ran by Dr Jeckyl if you like... monsters are beginning to turn the tied on the war... and they need the decendant to help. Um... that was just a spitball idea out of nothing. Already a better movie than Tom Cruise swimming for an hour.

Return to “Movies”