Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Wind River - Jeremy Renner and Elizabeth Olsen

Discuss your favorite movies
Blue Jackets

Postby Blue Jackets » Fri May 26, 2017 6:31 am

Thriller is directed by ‘Sicario’ and ‘Hell or High Water’ scribe Taylor Sheridan

WIND RIVER is a chilling thriller that follows a rookie FBI agent who teams up with a local game tracker with deep community ties and a haunted past to investigate the murder of a local girl on a remote Native American Reservation in the hopes of solving the mysterious death.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjqHn6_LhGo
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:49 pm

I saw this movie today and was blown away. I went in basically completely cold. I knew the movie had Jeremy Renner and there was a poster of him with a gun, but I had not watched a single trailer or read any reviews. Crckrjack told me it was good, but he didn't tell me any plot details.

I felt sad, I felt tension, I felt sad, I felt grieving, I felt hope, I felt sad again. The movie captures a lot of emotion, mostly heavy emotion. This movie had me interested throughout the story, but like Sicario, there is no "fun" in this movie.

No spoilers, but the movie has a flashback scene, and it was done in such a neat way that it's worth mentioning. Very cool story telling.

Ahhh! I want to say so much more about the film but I don't want to give anything away. It is out next month on streaming. Everyone must watch it.
purple_hayes

Postby purple_hayes » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:56 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post I saw this movie today and was blown away. I went in basically completely cold. I knew the movie had Jeremy Renner and there was a poster of him with a gun, but I had not watched a single trailer or read any reviews. Crckrjack told me it was good, but he didn't tell me any plot details.

I felt sad, I felt tension, I felt sad, I felt grieving, I felt hope, I felt sad again. The movie captures a lot of emotion, mostly heavy emotion. This movie had me interested throughout the story, but like Sicario, there is no "fun" in this movie.

No spoilers, but the movie has a flashback scene, and it was done in such a neat way that it's worth mentioning. Very cool story telling.

Ahhh! I want to say so much more about the film but I don't want to give anything away. It is out next month on streaming. Everyone must watch it.

I second those thoughts... incredible movie. Extremely well done. You don't expect the flashback scene but its extremely well thought out and executed. Very well acted, excellently shot, and outstanding movie. A must see.
Tyler
Owner

Re: Wind River - Jeremy Renner and Elizabeth Olsen

Postby Tyler » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:39 am

Question, why did Renner call on the walkie talkie and yell for the FBI agent to get away from the door? How did he piece all that together? I think the tracks he found were leaving the security trailer and continued to where the guard's body was dumped?

I was about to have an issue with this, but I may have answered my own question. The drug trailer where the victim's brother was. Were they investigating that trailer because her brother was there or because it was the closest man made structure to where the victim's body was found? I was about to call BS that all of these random locations were so close on miles and miles of land, but it almost seems like there were all in line with each other. (I'll draw a map in a minute)
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:47 am

This is how I am picturing it in my head now and I don't have any problems with the geography or how Renner put it all together, assuming they went to the drug trailer because it was close to the victim and not only because they knew her brother would be there.
CrckrJack

Postby CrckrJack » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:51 am

I would have to watch it again.
Tyler
Owner

Re: Wind River - Jeremy Renner and Elizabeth Olsen

Postby Tyler » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:27 am

What Crckr, Hayes, and I are debating and need input from someone else:
-what was Renner doing while the FBI agent send cops went to talk to security. Was he their lookout or was he off the case and just hunting the lion?
-was he following the snowmobile tracks from the drug trailer or did he just happen upon them?
purple_hayes

Postby purple_hayes » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:26 am

Tyler wrote:What Crckr, Hayes, and I are debating and need input from someone else:
-what was Renner doing while the FBI agent send cops went to talk to security. Was he their lookout or was he off the case and just hunting the lion?
-was he following the snowmobile tracks from the drug trailer or did he just happen upon them?

Per Wikipedia, Lambert (Jeremy Renner) was retracking the snowmobile tracks, where he happens upon the lion's den, then sees the tracks that head on further to the oil rig. he was hunting, not flanking.

This is the map you asked me to draw of what I thought the lay out was.

Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:44 am

purple_hayes wrote:Source of the post Lambert (Jeremy Renner) was retracking the snowmobile tracks, where he happens upon the lion's den, then sees the tracks that head on further to the oil rig. he was hunting, not flanking.

Are you being cute and saying he was hunting the bad guys or he was hunting the lion?

I guess I am confused why the FBI/police would go to the oil site before following the tracks to see where they ended. If the tracks from the dead man led to the drill site it would have been easy to get a warrant/bigger time to come with...right?
purple_hayes

Postby purple_hayes » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:56 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post
purple_hayes wrote:Source of the post Lambert (Jeremy Renner) was retracking the snowmobile tracks, where he happens upon the lion's den, then sees the tracks that head on further to the oil rig. he was hunting, not flanking.

Are you being cute and saying he was hunting the bad guys or he was hunting the lion?

I guess I am confused why the FBI/police would go to the oil site before following the tracks to see where they ended. If the tracks from the dead man led to the drill site it would have been easy to get a warrant/bigger time to come with...right?

Ben, the police chief was going... he was wanting footage that the cameras may have picked up from the site, so he set up the meeting. FBI tagged along because it was discovered the dead body was Matt, the security guard, who was the girl's boy friend. At that time, they did not suspect the remaining security crew. They had NO warrant but were going to asking nicely. They brought extra men to help with the search of the bunk and surrounding area in case a crime scene was found. I really am beginning to wonder if you pay attention or if you have the movie on in the background while you play VR like Chris does.

Lambert, was hunting, the whole time he was hunting. That was his job. He said it several times. He makes a comment about not going to where they may be but to where they have been. So, he wanted to follow the tracks that morning to see where they lead. In doing so, he stumbles upon the lion's den, sees the bones presumably one would be the leg of Matt that was missing, and then sees the snow mobile tracks, which carry over the summit of the hill and down into the oil rig site, where he begins to call Ben on the walkie to signal they could be walking into a trap.

The only one who suspected the security team was the sherif's deputy when he saw the security team move to surround the team, in which he draws his weapon. The stand off enthralls... everyone calms down.... queue flashback...

Do I need to keep going?

Return to “Movies”