Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Murder on the Orient Express (2017)

Discuss your favorite movies
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:00 am

A lavish train ride unfolds into a stylish & suspenseful mystery. From the novel by Agatha Christie, Murder on the Orient Express tells of thirteen stranded strangers & one man's race to solve the puzzle before the murderer strikes again.

Johnny Depp doesn't do good movies though?
CrckrJack

Postby CrckrJack » Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:18 am

I read this book in middle/high school and it was fun. I will definitely see this movie.
purple_hayes

Postby purple_hayes » Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:43 am

CrckrJack wrote:Source of the post I read this book in middle/high school and it was fun. I will definitely see this movie.

Even with Johnny Depp playing his Mordecai character?
CrckrJack

Postby CrckrJack » Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:10 pm

purple_hayes wrote:Source of the post Even with Johnny Depp playing his Mordecai character?

1. idk what mordecai is
2. i didn't watch the trailer
3. yes
purple_hayes

Postby purple_hayes » Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:51 pm

CrckrJack wrote:Source of the post
purple_hayes wrote:Source of the post Even with Johnny Depp playing his Mordecai character?

1. idk what mordecai is
2. i didn't watch the trailer
3. yes

1. This was released when you were addicted to the WoW.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eh6nYOhItOM
2. watch the trailer
3. okay
CrckrJack

Postby CrckrJack » Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:02 pm

purple_hayes wrote:Source of the post 2. watch the trailer

No. I already know what happens in the book, i want to be surprised with the characters and the landscaping in the movie.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:49 am

I forgot to post about this when I saw this in theaters and certainly not this week, because the movie isn't even out. I'll do my best to recall my thoughts from a few months ago.

Overall I enjoyed it, but it's not making the top of my 2017 list (I'll update that after this post). I wasn't familiar with the book at all, so I went into the movie pretty cold. I just knew Johnny Depp was in it and there was a murder. I did not think Depp would be the victim and that he would actually have a small role in the movie.

The movie was shot very well. There were a couple of fake long-takes that really stood out, like when Poirot boarded the train and it tracked him to his room. Was a great way to establish the layout of the train. Also the top down shot of Depp's room.

The cast was great, but there were just too many of them. It was hard to feel invested in any of their stories because the 2 hour movie had to explain motives of 12 people. Once the connection was made that they were all effected by Depp murdering a child it was pretty clear they all worked together. I'm ashamed I didn't make that connection at the beginning when they said it was 12 stabs with no rhyme or reason, of course, because it was 12 different people doing it.

Return to “Movies”