Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Black Panther (2018)

Discuss your favorite movies
wags83

Black Panther (2018)

Postby wags83 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:28 pm

One problem I had with the movie:

Get Out guy and his tribe were way to quick to betray T'Challa and support Michael B Jordan. The guy he wanted dead (Andy Serkis) gets away after 1 try of capturing him, which they did but he escaped, and Get Out is ready to write T'Challa off as an immediate failure. And T'Challa could have explained better to him why he didn't have Serkis. "We had him but he made a daring escape with the help of a super soldier. Oh hey, that guy you're suddenly loyal to, he's the one who helped him escape." Problem solved.

Also, mountain people should wear more clothes. Seems like way too much exposed skin for living on a snowy mountain top.
bmyoungs

Black Panther (2018)

Postby bmyoungs » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:21 pm

wags83 wrote:One problem I had with the movie:

Get Out guy and his tribe were way to quick to betray T'Challa and support Michael B Jordan. The guy he wanted dead (Andy Serkis) gets away after 1 try of capturing him, which they did but he escaped, and Get Out is ready to write T'Challa off as an immediate failure. And T'Challa could have explained better to him why he didn't have Serkis. "We had him but he made a daring escape with the help of a super soldier. Oh hey, that guy you're suddenly loyal to, he's the one who helped him escape." Problem solved.

Also, mountain people should wear more clothes. Seems like way too much exposed skin for living on a snowy mountain top.
I did have that same problem Chris. But as every movie goes, there wouldn't be a movie at all if they just talked to each other.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Huss Buss
Top Contributor

Black Panther (2018)

Postby Huss Buss » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:41 pm

best part of movie was preview for deadpool.. the bob Ross
bmyoungs

Black Panther (2018)

Postby bmyoungs » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:44 pm

The previews at our theater almost ruined the movie. We got no good trailers, just a wrinkle in time, hurricane heist, and God's no dead. Absolutely miserable I wanted to walk out.

Huss Buss
Top Contributor

Black Panther (2018)

Postby Huss Buss » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:01 pm

bmyoungs wrote:Source of the post The previews at our theater almost ruined the movie. We got no good trailers, just a wrinkle in time, hurricane heist, and God's no dead. Absolutely miserable I wanted to walk out.

ours were great, had aunt man, star wars, deadpool.

I thought the movie was great too. really cool fight scenes
Tyler
Owner

Re: Black Panther (2018)

Postby Tyler » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:53 pm

LOL Aunt Man.

As for Get Out Out guy, I feel like he had a couple lines of dialogue early in the movie about no longer hiding and taking back the world. Not as extreme as Micheal B Jordan, but along the same lines. It made sense to me he quickly latched onto that idea. But like you said, Black Panther could have explained how his cousin was working with Claw. I'm sure B Jordan would just say he was fake working with Claw to help Wakanda.
wags83

Black Panther (2018)

Postby wags83 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:42 am

We were cutting it close to get there so we didn't see most of the previews. Came in right at the end of Star Wars and then it was movie time.
wags83

Black Panther (2018)

Postby wags83 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:06 pm

I was reading an article that better articulated my feelings toward Get Out's character:
Daniel Kaluuya as W’Kabi has the toughest job and the hardest part to sell. The screenplay really doesn’t do him any favors. His emotional journey amounts to “We’re best friends! But you lost one fight with a guy I hate, so you’re dead to me and I’m supporting your murderous rival instead. Also, I’ve changed my mind, let’s be friends again now that my side is losing!” There’s certainly room in this world for a weaselly character who bends whichever way the wind is blowing, but W’Kabi isn’t depicted as that. He’s meant to be a misled symbol of T’Challa’s failings, but instead, he’s an underwritten character who swings back and forth as the plot demands. Kaluuya is a fabulous actor (as we’ve seen in Black Mirror and Get Out), and I wish the script had given him more breathing room.

Article is here: https://www.theverge.com/2018/2/19/1702 ... er-wakanda
Watson2000

Black Panther (2018)

Postby Watson2000 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:45 pm

Opinions on the end credit scenes? Maybe I'm missing something, but I didn't find either one worth having stayed in hind sight. Help me out here...

I liked it over all, just thought it was long. What would you edit out though, I have no idea. My 13 year old really liked it, and I've heard that the children are our future.
bmyoungs

Black Panther (2018)

Postby bmyoungs » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:51 pm

Watson2000 wrote:Opinions on the end credit scenes? Maybe I'm missing something, but I didn't find either one worth having stayed in hind sight. Help me out here...

I liked it over all, just thought it was long. What would you edit out though, I have no idea. My 13 year old really liked it, and I've heard that the children are our future.
I would not take anything out. I thought the pace was great and nothing felt forced. When things were wrapping up I actually thought there would be about 15 minutes of filler or something to tire in to infinity war more.

I do agree that the credit scenes were not worth staying

Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:54 pm

How it should have ended.
Pretty quick turnaround on this video

https://youtu.be/-dLQ51kBnog
wags83

Black Panther (2018)

Postby wags83 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:59 pm

I didn't feel like it was too long. The final after credit scene was interesting but nothing mind-blowing. I was expecting something about an infinity stone, instead we just see that
► Show Spoiler

Mid-credit scene was fine too but not needed since they had already
► Show Spoiler
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:04 pm

Whoops. I thought that link was the cartoon HISHE clips, not just a review.

To address your point though Chris, Civil War ended with Bucky going to Wakanda and being frozen. We knew he was there the whole time, the news is that he was thawed and "fixed" from whatever his problem was.
wags83

Black Panther (2018)

Postby wags83 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:08 pm

I completely forgot about how Civil War ended. I was thinking he was just missing or something.
Watson2000

Black Panther (2018)

Postby Watson2000 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:08 pm

Tyler wrote:Source of the post
To address your point though Chris, Civil War ended with Bucky going to Wakanda and being frozen. We knew he was there the whole time, the news is that he was thawed and "fixed" from whatever his problem was.

When I saw Bucky, I instantly thought they were going to show him with his new Wakanda made arm and leave us with a "wow" on our lips...
Tyler
Owner

Re: RE: Black Panther (2018)

Postby Tyler » Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:15 pm

Watson2000 wrote:
Tyler wrote:Source of the post

When I saw Bucky, I instantly thought they were going to show him with his new Wakanda made arm and leave us with a "wow" on our lips...
That would have been cool. Why wouldn't he have an arm made in Wakanda?!
wags83

Black Panther (2018)

Postby wags83 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:09 pm

I assume he has a sweet one but it's removable so that it's more comfortable to sleep.
bmyoungs

Black Panther (2018)

Postby bmyoungs » Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:49 pm

wags83 wrote:I assume he has a sweet one but it's removable so that it's more comfortable to sleep.
You'd think with all that technology they could make an arm that is comfortable or has a built in pillow

JocelynJane

Black Panther (2018)

Postby JocelynJane » Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:52 pm

I just came here to say that Michael B Jordan might be one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen.

And I liked the movie and stuff.

K bye!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Blue Jackets
Top Contributor

Black Panther (2018)

Postby Blue Jackets » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:28 am

Crossed the $1 billion dollar worldwide mark.

Return to “Movies”