Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Black Panther (2018)

Discuss your favorite movies
User avatar
Tyler
Owner
Posts: 28334
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:19 am
Location: Des Moines, IA
Contact:

Black Panther (2018)

Postby Tyler » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:53 am

Blue Jackets wrote:Source of the post Crossed the $1 billion dollar worldwide mark.

#21 international of all time
#7 domestic, it should be able to beat out Last Jedi and take 6th
User avatar
CrckrJack
Posts: 1878
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:17 am
Contact:

Black Panther (2018)

Postby CrckrJack » Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:44 am

Another reskinned superhero movie, but this time, double the reskin!

Intro to superhero
Intro to villain
Superhero loses
Kill off villain
Intro to villain
Superhero loses
Superhero comes back
Someone tells superhero they won't help them
Fighting starts
The people that said they won't help actually do help
Superhero wins

Was not really a fan. They could have dropped the first half of the movie and it would have at least gotten me out of there a little sooner.
User avatar
bmyoungs
Moderator
Posts: 4385
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:20 pm
Contact:

Black Panther (2018)

Postby bmyoungs » Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:56 pm

CrckrJack wrote:Another reskinned superhero movie, but this time, double the reskin!

Intro to superhero
Intro to villain
Superhero loses
Kill off villain
Intro to villain
Superhero loses
Superhero comes back
Someone tells superhero they won't help them
Fighting starts
The people that said they won't help actually do help
Superhero wins

Was not really a fan. They could have dropped the first half of the movie and it would have at least gotten me out of there a little sooner.
Not really sure what you expect out of a super hero movie (or really any movie for that matter) everything has a template since there are no "new ideas" anymore.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
User avatar
CrckrJack
Posts: 1878
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:17 am
Contact:

Black Panther (2018)

Postby CrckrJack » Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:04 pm

bmyoungs wrote:Source of the post Not really sure what you expect out of a super hero movie (or really any movie for that matter) everything has a template since there are no "new ideas" anymore.

Right, this is why I don't really like superhero movies.
User avatar
Blue Jackets
Top Contributor
Posts: 4092
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:27 am
Contact:

Black Panther (2018)

Postby Blue Jackets » Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:53 am

Now the 3rd highest grossing domestic movie of all time. Passed Titanic and all other Marvel movies.

1 Star Wars: The Force Awakens BV $936,662,225 2015
2 Avatar Fox $760,507,625 2009^
3 Black Panther BV $665,630,708 2018
User avatar
Tyler
Owner
Posts: 28334
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:19 am
Location: Des Moines, IA
Contact:

Re: Black Panther (2018)

Postby Tyler » Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:44 am

Insane it passed Titanic, didn't that have a 2nd release a few years ago?
User avatar
purple_hayes
Posts: 827
Joined: Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:20 am
Contact:

Black Panther (2018)

Postby purple_hayes » Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:53 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post Insane it passed Titanic, didn't that have a 2nd release a few years ago?


I wish Black Panther had the legs to pass Avatar, but I don't see it making another $100m. The movie is fantastic.
User avatar
purple_hayes
Posts: 827
Joined: Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:20 am
Contact:

Black Panther (2018)

Postby purple_hayes » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:01 am

CrckrJack wrote:Source of the post
bmyoungs wrote:Source of the post Not really sure what you expect out of a super hero movie (or really any movie for that matter) everything has a template since there are no "new ideas" anymore.

Right, this is why I don't really like superhero movies.


I don't think you like anything... really. You may want to seek help for that. Better yet, if you grew up with the crap we used to have pass as superhero movies... you'd love this Marvel and DC stuff. Seriously, Superman came out in the late 70s then the next decent superhero movie was Batman in the late 80s. Marvel had yet to make a decent super hero movie. Granted, Blade was a Marvel movie, but no one knew that nor was it the Marvel we know now. It wasn't until iron Man that a decent Marvel movie was made. DO NOT bring up that Bryan Singer trash... he's trash, everyhting he does is trash, so happy he's out of Hollywood. My point is, growing up wanting to see my favorite super heroes in movies but get garbage time and time again... Google the first Captain America movie, hint its not with Chris Evans, its AWFUL!! You'd love what Marvel is doing. I will admit the same storyline play book for each movie is getting old but its still cool to watch what happens. Seriously, research old comic book movies... Dolph Lundgren as the Punisher... ouch.
User avatar
Tyler
Owner
Posts: 28334
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:19 am
Location: Des Moines, IA
Contact:

Black Panther (2018)

Postby Tyler » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:09 am

Image
User avatar
Tyler
Owner
Posts: 28334
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:19 am
Location: Des Moines, IA
Contact:

Black Panther (2018)

Postby Tyler » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:12 am

I don't think comic book movies are good just because they were so bad before. These are good movies because they are good movies. I agree with Crckrjack, after 15 Marvel movies they all typically follow the same format, but it's also the same format almost all Hollywood movies follow. I can understand why why some may be tired of this after so many, but I still enjoy them and look forward to more.
User avatar
purple_hayes
Posts: 827
Joined: Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:20 am
Contact:

Black Panther (2018)

Postby purple_hayes » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:35 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post I don't think comic book movies are good just because they were so bad before. These are good movies because they are good movies. I agree with Crckrjack, after 15 Marvel movies they all typically follow the same format, but it's also the same format almost all Hollywood movies follow. I can understand why why some may be tired of this after so many, but I still enjoy them and look forward to more.


You are wrong!
User avatar
cwilkins88
Top Contributor
Posts: 3834
Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:21 pm
Contact:

Black Panther (2018)

Postby cwilkins88 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:03 am

purple_hayes wrote:Source of the post
Tyler wrote:Source of the post I don't think comic book movies are good just because they were so bad before. These are good movies because they are good movies. I agree with Crckrjack, after 15 Marvel movies they all typically follow the same format, but it's also the same format almost all Hollywood movies follow. I can understand why why some may be tired of this after so many, but I still enjoy them and look forward to more.


You are wrong!


I agree too, actually. I'm sick of Marvel. I like the standalone ones, but I'm so sick of the Universe shit.
User avatar
purple_hayes
Posts: 827
Joined: Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:20 am
Contact:

Black Panther (2018)

Postby purple_hayes » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:24 am

cwilkins88 wrote:Source of the post
purple_hayes wrote:Source of the post
Tyler wrote:Source of the post I don't think comic book movies are good just because they were so bad before. These are good movies because they are good movies. I agree with Crckrjack, after 15 Marvel movies they all typically follow the same format, but it's also the same format almost all Hollywood movies follow. I can understand why why some may be tired of this after so many, but I still enjoy them and look forward to more.


You are wrong!


I agree too, actually. I'm sick of Marvel. I like the standalone ones, but I'm so sick of the Universe shit.



Soooo... you are sick of the Avengers movies, all 2 of them?

I argued that I felt the Ultimate Edition of the BvS: DoJ was a better movie than Capt America: Civil War. At the time, I felt and still feel that Marvel has become very cookie cutter, same movie just the players are changed. I think Marvel movies are a high quality but rarely step outside the box. Thor 3 has kinda broken that mold. I hate that WB execs messed with Zach's vision and didn't let it work out. I don't know if you can introduce a new character with a different outline, but I would love to see. I think the studios are not wanting to step outside the lines or out on a limb too much due to the amount of money that is being used. Deadpool was incredible movie on a smaller budget. I think I lost my point somewhere... I like these super hero movies, I'll continue to watch em.
User avatar
cwilkins88
Top Contributor
Posts: 3834
Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:21 pm
Contact:

Black Panther (2018)

Postby cwilkins88 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:34 am

purple_hayes wrote:Source of the post Soooo... you are sick of the Avengers movies, all 2 of them?


The avengers weren't the only movies that had multiple characters. Civil War, Spiderman:homecoming, Ant-Man, and Thor all have some sort of conglomeration of characters. I especially hate the cameos. Like Captain America giving motivation high school videos in Spiderman. drives me nuts.
User avatar
Tyler
Owner
Posts: 28334
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:19 am
Location: Des Moines, IA
Contact:

Black Panther (2018)

Postby Tyler » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:57 am

*unsubscribe from thread*
User avatar
cwilkins88
Top Contributor
Posts: 3834
Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:21 pm
Contact:

Black Panther (2018)

Postby cwilkins88 » Fri May 11, 2018 7:06 pm

Finally watched it. I liked it because although it is reskinned, it was at least standalone. I didn't have to see unbearable references to other movies for no reason at all.

M Jordan was awesome

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
User avatar
Blue Jackets
Top Contributor
Posts: 4092
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:27 am
Contact:

Black Panther (2018)

Postby Blue Jackets » Wed May 16, 2018 6:25 am

User avatar
Tyler
Owner
Posts: 28334
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:19 am
Location: Des Moines, IA
Contact:

Re: RE: Black Panther (2018)

Postby Tyler » Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:22 am

Crazy it was still in some theaters and they didn't do an official re-release.
User avatar
DannyFanny
Top Contributor
Posts: 3283
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:01 pm
Contact:

Black Panther (2018)

Postby DannyFanny » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:46 pm

Just watched this the other day. It's crazy to think that the CG is already starting to feel dated. Maybe it felt that way in theaters, but some of the fight sequences were bad.

Return to “Movies”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests