Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Only the Brave - Drama Based on True Story - Starring Miles Teller, Josh Brolin, Jennifer Connelly, Jeff Bridges

Discuss your favorite movies
Blue Jackets

Only the Brave - Drama Based on True Story - Starring Miles Teller, Josh Brolin, Jennifer Connelly, Jeff Bridges

Postby Blue Jackets » Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:01 am

A drama based on the elite crew of firemen from Prescott, Arizona who battled a wildfire in Yarnell, AZ Iin June 2013 that claimed the lives of 19 of their members.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOBEvQ_FhrI&feature=youtu.be
Tyler
Owner

Re: Only the Brave - Drama Based on True Story - Starring Miles Teller, Josh Brolin, Jennifer Connelly, Jeff Bridges

Postby Tyler » Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:02 am

This looks interesting. I think Teller can be good in dramas (Whiplash) but he's not good in teen stuff
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:58 pm

Out this weekend and currently at 100% RT. We are seeing a movie this weekend and this might be my vote. We already know the ending, but it's a story I would like to know more about.
CrckrJack

Postby CrckrJack » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:03 pm

Tyler wrote:Source of the post Out this weekend and currently at 100% RT. We are seeing a movie this weekend and this might be my vote. We already know the ending, but it's a story I would like to know more about.

I bet someone dies.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:27 pm

Really good movie with a sad and powerful ending.

I kind of knew what forest fire fighters did, but this movie did a fairly well job of explaining what their role is and the politics behind it. Great performances all around and an easy movie to recommend.

Something that surprised me was this took place in AZ, no California. I assumed it would be largely forest fires, but the fire that claimed their lives was full of bushes/small trees, not a dense forest.

Be sure to read this after seeing the movie
http://www.historyvshollywood.com/reelf ... the-brave/

Return to “Movies”