Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

James Cameron Now Threatening To Produce Three New TERMINATOR Movies (Plus Emilia Clarke debate)

Discuss your favorite movies
Blue Jackets

James Cameron Now Threatening To Produce Three New TERMINATOR Movies (Plus Emilia Clarke debate)

Postby Blue Jackets » Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:30 am

The TERMINATOR franchise absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead.

In a new interview with News Australia, James Cameron (Avatar, Avatar 2, Avatar 3, Avatar 4, Avatar 5, The Abyss) says that he and producing partner David Ellison are now kicking around the idea of three new Terminator films, rather than just the one Cameron's already announced his intention to produce for director Tim Miller (Deadpool).

Says Cameron (as quoted by The Playlist):

"I am in discussions with (producer) David Ellison, who is the current rights holder globally for the Terminator franchise and the rights in the US market revert to me under US copyright law in a year and a half so he and I are talking about what we can do. Right now we are leaning toward doing a three-film arc and reinventing it.

"I think it’s fairly widely known that I don’t have a lot of respect for the films that were made later.

I was supportive at the time in each case for Arnold’s sake because he is a close friend. He has been a mate of mine since 33 years ago so I was always supportive and never too negative. But they didn’t work for me for various reasons.
Tyler
Owner

Re: James Cameron Now Threatening To Produce Three New TERMINATOR Movies

Postby Tyler » Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:49 am

Am I crazy or didn't Cameron defend the latest reboot one and said it was good?
TheJose1972

James Cameron Now Threatening To Produce Three New TERMINATOR Movies

Postby TheJose1972 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:00 am

what??

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk
purple_hayes

Postby purple_hayes » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:34 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post Am I crazy or didn't Cameron defend the latest reboot one and said it was good?

This reboot could have been great. But the production team effed it up from the beginning. First, you spoil the twist in the ads? WTF? The premise was decent enough but the actors... Emilia Clarke and Jai Courtney are awful actors. I don't understand why Emilia gets cast in the stuff she does, she isn't good. She's great at getting nekkid and pretending to ride dragons. Nothing else in her performance on Game of Thrones is very inspiring. She's way overrated. She's only cool because of the damn dragon. Stop casting her! There was zero passion in this project. If you are going to make a movie about a program taking over every technical device you have in your life... you need to have done it back in 1984 because its already here... Hello Google's what? Pixel... Hello Amazon's Alexa... Hello Apple's Siri. So, you should have used Skynet or Genysis working to take over the government, not society, like in T3. Terminator Salvation was decent enough, but the third act was majorly flawed. I hope James Cameron can right the ship on this once great franchise. The premise could still work. You could send back Kyle Reese to 1984 to meet Sarah Connor, so he can warn her of the turn of the century where society becomes so dependent upon technology that people literally walk into oncoming traffic due to reading their phones... or how people surfing the internet while driving plow into crowds of people... or how Nest and Amazon technology began taking over their homes and daily lives, so much so that as the internet of things began to grow, it became conscious of itself and turned upon its human masters. Leading to a society of humans that didn't know how to fend for themselves in the wild due to their dependency upon technology. Now, only one man can save us... Nick Offerman... wait sorry... John Connor.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:41 am

purple_hayes wrote:Source of the post Now, only one man can save us... Nick Offerman... wait sorry... John Connor.

Lol. A+ rant, but you're being overly hard on Clarke. I agree, she doesn't have the range needed for most roles, but she is fine in GoT for 75% of the stuff she does.
purple_hayes

Postby purple_hayes » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:45 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post
purple_hayes wrote:Source of the post Now, only one man can save us... Nick Offerman... wait sorry... John Connor.

Lol. A+ rant, but you're being overly hard on Clarke. I agree, she doesn't have the range needed for most roles, but she is fine in GoT for 75% of the stuff she does.

Because 75% of the time she standing there... looking pretty... with platinum blonde hair. Anyone can get angry. She has zero range. Watch her in stuff outside of Game of Thrones, focus on her solely, you'll see that she really isn't a good actress. There are so many other actresses who can do the part of looking pretty. I can name at least 20 right now. Kate Upton... Alexandria Daddario... just to name two.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:02 am

purple_hayes wrote:Source of the post Because 75% of the time she standing there... looking pretty... with platinum blonde hair. Anyone can get angry. She has zero range.

So harsh. I feel like I need to defend an actress I'm not even a fan of.

I agree though, she is at her best when she gets to be angry or authoritative. I think she plays the role of a powerful ruler well enough. Her biggest weakness is quiet moments and subtlety. She barely spoke a word in the first episode when she landed on the beach of Dragonstone, but nothing about her performance felt natural. However, this week when she was threatening Varyis, that all worked for me.
purple_hayes

Postby purple_hayes » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:22 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post
purple_hayes wrote:Source of the post Because 75% of the time she standing there... looking pretty... with platinum blonde hair. Anyone can get angry. She has zero range.

So harsh. I feel like I need to defend an actress I'm not even a fan of.

I agree though, she is at her best when she gets to be angry or authoritative. I think she plays the role of a powerful ruler well enough. Her biggest weakness is quiet moments and subtlety. She barely spoke a word in the first episode when she landed on the beach of Dragonstone, but nothing about her performance felt natural. However, this week when she was threatening Varyis, that all worked for me.

But was it Emilia Clarke's performance or was it the power of Conleth Hill's Lord Varys performance that lifted her subpar performance to greater heights. We have seen this before, where an actor is so amazing at what they do that they make everyone in the scen better. Peter Dinklage tried doing this in Pixels but there really is no help for Adam Sandler, but Peter has brought the performance in scenes of Game of Thrones up several times.

Emilia is so wooden. She is way out of her depth in some of the movie roles she is given. I mean... Nathalie Emmanuelle out classes her in many of their scenes together and most of them she just stands there. You think Emilia could have pulled of the power of that scene with Greyworm?
wags83

Postby wags83 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:23 am

purple_hayes wrote:Source of the post Emilia is so wooden.

There's a boner joke to be made here, but this is a family forum so I'll take the high road.
CrckrJack

Postby CrckrJack » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:25 am

She gets cast because she is in GoT and that alone sells tickets.
purple_hayes

Postby purple_hayes » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:30 am

CrckrJack wrote:Source of the post She gets cast because she is in GoT and that alone sells tickets.

Didn't sell tickets for Terminator Genysis.
CrckrJack

Postby CrckrJack » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:41 am

purple_hayes wrote:Source of the post
Didn't sell tickets for Terminator Genysis.

I honestly don't remember her in this at all, just Batman.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:45 am

CrckrJack wrote:Source of the post I honestly don't remember her in this at all, just Batman.

You're not talking about the same movie. Bale was in Terminator Salvation (2009), this was years before Clarke was on GoT.

She was in Genysis in 2015
CrckrJack

Postby CrckrJack » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:48 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post She was in Genysis in 2015

LOL

I don't remember Genysis at all, but I do remember the story getting spoiled in the trailer.
wags83

Postby wags83 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:09 am

I never saw Genisys but also never heard anything good about it.
Blue Jackets

Postby Blue Jackets » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:12 am

Schwarzenegger Confirms Return to ‘Terminator’ Franchise
“In March next year, I am shooting Terminator 6, James Cameron and David Ellison are back on board and then comes a Conan.”
wags83

Postby wags83 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:36 am

Terminator AND Conan!?!
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Postby cwilkins88 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:40 am

Blue Jackets wrote:Source of the post Schwarzenegger Confirms Return to ‘Terminator’ Franchise
“In March next year, I am shooting Terminator 6, James Cameron and David Ellison are back on board and then comes a Conan.”

I thought the Conan part was a joke. Swaljc;lkajsdfhanegger is like 2000 years old. He's going to need a literal neural net processor to finish these films.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:02 am

Return to “Movies”