Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

MoviePass - $9.95/month for unlimited theater movies

Discuss your favorite movies
Tyler
Owner

Re: MoviePass - $9.95/month for unlimited theater movies

Postby Tyler » Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:03 am

Not a shocker that AMC is going to try their own, and it won't be shocking when no one joins. AMC flat out said $10 is too cheap, and people aren't going to use their option if it's more than $10. Once MoviePass goes under (which it will) AMC might have some leverage.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:28 pm

After 50ish days of owning MoviePass cards, I am wondering if anyone has changed their moving going habits.

I think I see the same number of movies with Jocelyn, but I've noticed we spend more at concessions now. Instead of just getting a popcorn, we got the popcorn/drink combo over the weekend. I didn't feel guilty about it because I view one of the tickets as free. Same with the Lego movie, I went back and got more candy during the movie for Evie.

I'm going to start seeing move movies solo after work on Friday, but I think that is more because of the weather and not because of MoviePass. I wouldn't have a problem paying the $7 to see an early matinee if I didn't have anything to do at home.

TL;DR - I'm not necessarily seeing more movies, but I am spending more on concessions.
megatron

Postby megatron » Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:33 pm

I would say we do see about one more movie a week than we did previously. And no more concessions than normal. Corey and I are also not afraid to pull a Pottebaum and see a movie alone that the other one doesn't want to see.
So best purchase of our lives!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:56 pm

megatron wrote:Source of the post Corey and I are also not afraid to pull a Pottebaum and see a movie alone that the other one doesn't want to see.

Woah, I didn't know you went to movies without him!
CrckrJack

Postby CrckrJack » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:33 am

We probably go to about the same amount of movies. My mom is a huge theater lover and I am also. I did recently go to the foreigner with just my mom, so that's a bit out of the ordinary.

My dad is using it like crazy though. I think he went to 4 or 5 movies the other week. He even went to one of those shanty cheap theaters to see wonder woman. Perks of being in Austin away from family though, I guess. His contract ends in December and mom is really ready for him to be home.

Return to “Movies”