Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Creed 2

Discuss your favorite movies
Blue Jackets
Top Contributor

Creed 2

Postby Blue Jackets » Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:27 am

Earlier this summer, Sylvester Stallone revealed he was working on the screenplay with the hopes of filming in 2018. He also confirmed that Drago would be returning in the sequel, giving the drama a personal layer. Viewers may recall that Apollo Creed, father of Creed‘s protagonist Adonis, was killed during a fight against the Soviet machine. It remains to be seen if Donny will get a revenge shot at Drago, but Lundgren is certainly preparing for such a bout, if his latest social media activity is any indication.

http://screenrant.com/creed-2-dolph-lun ... o-workout/
Tyler
Owner

Re: Creed 2

Postby Tyler » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:07 am

Is Drago going to be the villain? Lundgren is too old to be the bad guy in a boxing movie. He should be old, wise, and sympathetic
CrckrJack

Creed 2

Postby CrckrJack » Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:20 am

Drago from Rocky?
Blue Jackets
Top Contributor

Creed 2

Postby Blue Jackets » Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:27 am

Blue Jackets
Top Contributor

Creed 2

Postby Blue Jackets » Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:49 am

Blue Jackets
Top Contributor

Creed 2

Postby Blue Jackets » Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:24 am

Ivan Drago and his son in ‘Creed II’

Tyler
Owner

Re: Creed 2

Postby Tyler » Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:59 am

MBJ is jacked in these movies, but this guy looks way bigger. How are they the same weight class?
Blue Jackets
Top Contributor

Creed 2

Postby Blue Jackets » Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:10 am

Critic reviews are starting to come in. "Good" is the easiest way to describe it, but not nearly as good as the first.
Tyler
Owner

Creed 2

Postby Tyler » Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:54 am

Blue Jackets wrote:Source of the post "Good" is the easiest way to describe it, but not nearly as good as the first.

I fall in this camp. I enjoyed every second of it, but didn't think it was as fresh as Creed from a few years ago. I haven't seen most (any?) of the Rock movies though, so I don't carry all the emotional baggage from that. I know Apollo was killed in Rocky 4 by Drago, but that's about it. Has Rocky trained in the desert before? That came out of nowhere for me.

Ivan learning to love in the end was great. His wife, family, country were going to turn their backs on him again. He finally realized his son is more important than all of that stuff. Victor was never fighting for the reasons Ivan wanted him to, he just wanted to make his daddy proud.

Training montages. Will these every not be awesome? Victor is a BEAST. MBJ always looks impressive, but this guy took it to the next level.

I liked Creed's mom and wife having a bigger role in this movie, but what's up with Creed leaving his wife and newborn the second she is born? BRB going to the desert for a few months.

Things that kept the movie from being as good as the first:
-I haven't seen the first Creed since theaters, but I remember there being an impressive single take boxing match. This movie had nothing like that.
-It was suppose to be a badass/cool moment when Creed walks into the fight in Russia with the lights and music, but Jocelyn and I both burst out laughing when it was shown to be Bianca singing. I can't explain why, but that was so cheesy and lame.
-Did his daughter have to be death? It created 1 emotional scene, but it didn't really matter for the plot. Plus she had hearing aids by the end.
-Too many sons. There were 3 sons in this movie that are in the exact same line of work as their dead fathers, and it is only going to get worse now that we have seen Rocky's son. They arent wasting the star of This is Us for a 15 second cameo. He is going to somehow replace Rocky

Return to “Movies”