Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Blade Runner (1982)

Discuss your favorite movies
Tyler
Owner

Blade Runner (1982)

Postby Tyler » Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:18 am

I want to see the sequel, but I need to watch the original first. I learned there are 8 versions of this movie and after 30 seconds of research learned 2007's "Final Cut" is the one you should see before seeing the sequel. I'm going to watch it today and then see the sequel next Friday.

http://www.esquire.com/entertainment/mo ... de-runner/
DannyFanny
Top Contributor

Blade Runner (1982)

Postby DannyFanny » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:55 am

Blade Runner is one of my favorite movies. I might catch a matinee in a week or so.
Tyler
Owner

Blade Runner (1982)

Postby Tyler » Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:57 pm

Am I too dumb for this movie or is this another case of being too late to the party and missing the hype train?

The visuals I thought were really cool and I would be interested in behind the scenes, because I know almost all of it was practical effects. However, the story wasn't all that interesting. I'm guessing if I saw this before Westworld I would find it a lot more interesting, but WW does a lot of these things better. Westworld movie came out 10 years before this movie, so you can't even say Westworld the series owes that much to Blade Runner.

I will give the movie credit on creepy villains. Roy and Pris were legit terrifying.

I'm glad I saw the movie since I plan on seeing the sequel next week, but I'm sad to say it's not going to leave a meaningful impression on me.

</I am too cynical of classic movies>

Return to “Movies”