Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Thoroughbreds - Anya Taylor-Joy, Olivia Cooke, Anton Yelchin

Discuss your favorite movies
Blue Jackets
Top Contributor

Postby Blue Jackets » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:27 am

Two upper-class teenage girls in suburban Connecticut rekindle their unlikely friendship after years of growing apart. Together, they hatch a plan to solve both of their problems-no matter what the cost.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDSY4MRQAVQ
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:02 am

Anton Yelchin's last movie, over a year after his death.

Anya Taolor-Joy is making a name for herself in no time. She's only been acting since 2015 and has landed many leading roles.
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Postby cwilkins88 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:35 am

I'm excited for this. Anna Taylor joy was awesome in the witch and Morgan (especially Morgan). Anton yelchin is awesome and it could have a zero on RT and I'd watch it to see him

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:00 am

Watched last night. It's uncommon for us to watch movies on weeknights because movies tend to be so long now, but this was only 90 minutes.

I really liked the movie, but I could see some of CPT not liking it because it's a slow movie. Scenes really take their time and there are long stretches of just dialogue or even no talking. Some of the critic responses used in the trailer talked about how funny it was. I would never have called this a comedy. There were a few jokes, but that doesn't make it a comedy. It was 40% coming of age story, 40% drama, 20% thriller.

The two leads were good. Olivia Cooke I know from Ready Player One and Anya Taylor-Joy from Split. They both did some really subtle things with their expressions that made them feel like real people, even though some of their characteristics really distanced themselves as "real". Anton Yelchin was only in a few scenes, but he was the highlight of each of those. 5 years, decade at most, he'll be running this whole side of the coast . :( RIP
The step dad was Steve from Waco. That drove me crazy until I realized it.

When people compliment sound design in a movie they are usually talking about something like Dunkirk, but I really appreciated the sound in this and there was a good payoff with the rowing machine sound.

The ending of the movie was awesome.
► Show Spoiler
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Postby cwilkins88 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:06 am

I'm hoping to watch this tonight. I've wanted to see it for a while.

Return to “Movies”