Blue Jackets
Top Contributor

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom

Postby Blue Jackets » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:38 am

Blue Jackets
Top Contributor

Postby Blue Jackets » Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:29 am

From Reddit: Regarding the Jurassic World sequel: why is Claire not in jail?

In the movie this woman is directly responsible for the death of hundreds (thousands?) of people in Jurassic World and also responsible for the total destruction of the park. There is absolutely no way she’s escape charges in real life.

Separately: she’s not even a character you can root for after that. Shes not a hero. She’s not a love interest. She’s a terrible human being.
Tyler
Owner

Re: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom

Postby Tyler » Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:00 am

I forget the last movie. Why would she be held responsible and not the CEO who died?
Blue Jackets
Top Contributor

Postby Blue Jackets » Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:31 am

wags83

Postby wags83 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:22 am

That trailer makes it look a lot different than the other trailers. Or at least gives a lot more of what the story is going to be.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:39 am

I'm way more interested in this movie knowing it's not the same genre as the last one. I'm excited for PG13 dinosaur horror.
DannyFanny
Top Contributor

Postby DannyFanny » Tue May 29, 2018 9:02 am

So I saw a trailer to this before Infinity Wars. I just laughed and said, "TF is this?!" It looks bad in the there is way too much shit going on in the film. Dissecting the trailer, first it starts as a Lost World style film. Makes sense following the progression of the first trilogy. Second it flows into some sort of Evil Genius taking over the world by weaponizing dinosaurs. Third it becomes a buddy cop movie with Chris and Blue with some Mission Impossible espionage mixed in.
wags83

Postby wags83 » Tue May 29, 2018 9:14 am

DannyFanny wrote:Source of the post So I saw a trailer to this before Infinity Wars. I just laughed and said, "TF is this?!" It looks bad in the there is way too much shit going on in the film. Dissecting the trailer, first it starts as a Lost World style film. Makes sense following the progression of the first trilogy. Second it flows into some sort of Evil Genius taking over the world by weaponizing dinosaurs. Third it becomes a buddy cop movie with Chris and Blue with some Mission Impossible espionage mixed in.

Lol, I pretty much agree. I'll see it because nostalgia and MoviePass, but I don't think it's going to be winning any Oscars.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Tue May 29, 2018 9:42 am

LOLz Danny!

The volcano stuff must be resolved in the first act, seems really busy for sure.
Blue Jackets
Top Contributor

Postby Blue Jackets » Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:45 am

Movie is over 2 weeks away but reviews are out. 65% so far on RT for critics.
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Postby cwilkins88 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:26 am

Blue Jackets wrote:Source of the post Movie is over 2 weeks away but reviews are out. 65% so far on RT for critics.

Ouch, thats rough
Travis

Postby Travis » Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:01 pm

Saw this today , in my opinion it was ok. Getting old of them making new dinosaurs.
wags83

Postby wags83 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:43 pm

Travis wrote:Saw this today , in my opinion it was ok. Getting old of them making new dinosaurs.
That's a little bit what I expected. They can only make so many movies of people making the same mistake.
wags83

Postby wags83 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:50 am

We went to an early showing yesterday since the weather was crappy. It was entertaining enough. Like I said before seeing it, people just keep making the same mistakes regarding dinosaurs. BTW, for those that haven't seen it, there IS an after credit scene but I would say it's not worth sitting through the massive amount of credits to see it. It's literally just:
► Show Spoiler

More spoilers ahead...

So from what I've read there is for sure going to be a Jurassic World 3. With the end of this movie being what it was, it's basically going to be about dinos being out in the real world. Which I guess is cool because we haven't really seen that before except that time when we saw that with the T-Rex in Lost World. This is obviously a larger scale than that. My guess is that it will be about trying to round up the dinos to bring them to the sanctuary that was the original plan of this movie, but obviously there will have to be more danger/action to it than that. Maybe they'll reintroduce the concept of all female dinosaurs being able to have baby's like in the original Jurassic Park. Or maybe they'll splice together a T-Rex and Velociraptor, and add in a serial killer's brain just to change it up this time since their hybrids have worked so well in the past.

One thing that annoyed me with this movie was the "twist" regarding the little girl. I think they wanted it to be a bombshell that she was actually just a clone of the old guy's daughter and not actually his granddaughter, but it was really inconsequential to the film. I guess you could say it mattered because if she wasn't a clone, she wouldn't have felt bad for the dinos and let them out at the end, but that's pretty dumb. Maybe it will matter more in the next movie?

I would say it was worth seeing with Moviepass. Not the best movie ever but entertaining enough that I don't regret spending my time watching it.

Return to “Movies”