Blue Jackets
Top Contributor

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom

Postby Blue Jackets » Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:21 am

Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:56 am

Won't watch the honest trailer until I see the movie.

Wags, I also want you to know I am not only ignoring your post because I saw you mentioned spoilers. I'll go back and read it after I see the movie...which I do plan on doing eventually I think
wags83

Postby wags83 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:22 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post Won't watch the honest trailer until I see the movie.

Wags, I also want you to know I am not only ignoring your post because I saw you mentioned spoilers. I'll go back and read it after I see the movie...which I do plan on doing eventually I think

I had to go back and read it because I forgot what I had written.
DannyFanny
Top Contributor

Postby DannyFanny » Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:45 pm

I saw this movie tonight. It was over the top and ridiculous. My first two predictions of the trailer were correct. I thought Blue and Owen were going to start a PI firm at the end of the movie, but that didn't happen. The "twist" was predictable and I suppose would have a bigger impact if it was some secret that was hanging on the line.
► Show Spoiler
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:11 pm

DannyFanny wrote:
► Show Spoiler

Too practical. Why would someone want to do that?
Tyler
Owner

Re: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom

Postby Tyler » Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:59 pm

Watching now, not very far in but have questions

Why did the goons from the beginning assumed all dinosaurs would be dead 3 years after the park closed? Couldn't they use technology of sorts to see a giant thing in the water and a T-Rex?

Who is this old dying man in the mansion? He was partners with Hammond from the original movie? Have we ever seen or heard of him before.

I wish I wouldn't have seen any previews. This mansion is featured in the "scary" part of the trailer. Clearly is younger guy in charge of the estate is bad and is only saying the dangerous Dinos

Update.
Every scenario is bad news, but it always gets worse. Trapped in the ball. Ball is sinking. Can't open the ball. Okay got it.

Blue needs blood. Blue needs to rex blood. T rex wakes up.

How does no one notice the not snaking around the ship? They aren't even trying to be quiet or not seen.

The dino at the dock crying was sadder than I thought it would be, and I knew it was coming.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:58 am

This movie was just barely okay...
I liked the first half on the island because of that of that stuff was fun and felt more like classic Jurassic World. The stuff at the super villain auction was all dumb. I heard this movie was part action and part horror. I am a huge baby and not even I would call any of this horror. Evie actually watched the last 20 minutes with me and she had no problem with it. I was a little disturb with her cheering "Eat him!" whenever a bad guy was taken out.

Danny and Wags are right. The clone stuff didn't need to be in there at all. They could have just had her push the button and say "it's what my grandfather would have wanted". They didn't need to make her a clone so she would sympathize with the dinosaurs. It better play a bigger role in the next movie, because human clones is a huge deal.

Let's get into some dumb things:
-Velociraptor shedding a tear
-The new dino smiling before he kills the military like guy
-The girl releasing the dinosaurs...she realizes they are going to be hunted and killed right?
-People acting like a dozen dinosaurs released into the wild is enough to completely change the planet. I'll be upset if JW3 now has hundreds or thousands in the wild
-Villains thinking dinosaurs are more valuable than drones
-$10 million seems awfully low to buy a dinosaurs
-$800 million is a comically small number for the lawsuit against Jurassic World. Tons of people died there. This movie forgot the value of the dollar.
-Surprise Velociraptor jumps in to save the day. This happens way too often in Jurassic movies and happened at least twice in this one
-Why did no one call the police or for help?

Fun things:
The ticker on the bottom of the news segment at the beginning said "US President doubts the existence of the dinosaurs in the first place."
Really everything on the island I liked, other than how dumb the goons were.
Pratt and Howard are good enough. Prat fighting a half dozen armed men with ease was silly though
wags83

Postby wags83 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:39 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post How does no one notice the not snaking around the ship? They aren't even trying to be quiet or not seen

Lol, I remember thinking this too. It seemed like they were literally right next to the bad guys on the ship. Also....they just drove a big truck onto the ship in a very violent manner. No one is going to check that out?

Return to “Movies”