Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

A Futile and Stupid Gesture | Netflix | 2018

Discuss your favorite movies
Blue Jackets
Top Contributor

Postby Blue Jackets » Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:59 am

In the 1970s and '80s, National Lampoon's success and influence creates a new media empire overseen in part by the brilliant and troubled Doug Kenney.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33dztfqRu_k
Blue Jackets
Top Contributor

Postby Blue Jackets » Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:58 pm

This is out. Joel McHale crushes it as Chevy Chase
wags83

Postby wags83 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:14 pm

I didn't realize we already had a thread for this. A friend showed me the trailer last week. Looks funny!
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:22 pm

Watched tonight and I thought it was really good. I admit that I knew nothing about National Lampoon's history going into this, I thought it was just a production company that made movies or something. The first half was better than the 2nd, but the ending was very strong. I can easily recommend the movie to anyone that enjoys comedy. It makes me wish I was alive in the 70's and that I was funny.

Shout out to Domhnall Gleeson. Dude is showing up in everything! Star Wars, Ex Machina, American Made, Mother, Revenant. Every time I see him in a movie I think "is that the guy from..." look him up on IMDB and it is. I honestly didn't recognize him at all in this though.

Few complaints:
Will Forte playing Doug Kenney is the same as Will Forte playing Tandy from Last Man on Earth
Too much story to cover. I want a mini-serious on this. I feel like the college newspaper alone would be worth an hour story.

Return to “Movies”