Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Favorite Movies of 2018

Discuss your favorite movies
User avatar
wags83
Moderator
Posts: 10574
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:05 pm
Location: Golden Valley, MN
Contact:

Favorite Movies of 2018

Postby wags83 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:01 pm

Added Hostiles

Hostiles
Insidious: The Last Key
User avatar
Corey
Site Admin
Posts: 1619
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:09 am
Contact:

Favorite Movies of 2018

Postby Corey » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:26 am

Added Maze Runner: The Death Cure

The Post
Den of Thieves
Maze Runner: The Death Cure
12 Strong
The Commuter
Insidious: The Last Key
User avatar
Tyler
Owner
Posts: 27200
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:19 am
Location: Des Moines, IA
Contact:

Re: Favorite Movies of 2018

Postby Tyler » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:40 am

Because I'm an anal nerd and others (crckrjack) have commented on it: let's keep this thread just for the list and movie discussion to the specific threads. This year we have been doing fine, but 2017 there is a lot of movie talk in list thread and you miss all that when you just read the specific movie topic.
User avatar
CrckrJack
Posts: 1831
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:17 am
Contact:

Favorite Movies of 2018

Postby CrckrJack » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:45 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post Because I'm an anal nerd and others (crckrjack) have commented on it: let's keep this thread just for the list and movie discussion to the specific threads. This year we have been doing fine, but 2017 there is a lot of movie talk in list thread and you miss all that when you just read the specific movie topic.

Is there an easy way to send an alert to someone without quoting them? Like I want to be like hey @Corey I can't believe you rated Maze Runner so high, in the Maze Runner post?
User avatar
Corey
Site Admin
Posts: 1619
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:09 am
Contact:

Favorite Movies of 2018

Postby Corey » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:47 am

CrckrJack wrote:Source of the post
Tyler wrote:Source of the post Because I'm an anal nerd and others (crckrjack) have commented on it: let's keep this thread just for the list and movie discussion to the specific threads. This year we have been doing fine, but 2017 there is a lot of movie talk in list thread and you miss all that when you just read the specific movie topic.

Is there an easy way to send an alert to someone without quoting them? Like I want to be like hey @Corey I can't believe you rated Maze Runner so high, in the Maze Runner post?

Its moreso a result of the movies below it not being very good.
User avatar
Tyler
Owner
Posts: 27200
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:19 am
Location: Des Moines, IA
Contact:

Favorite Movies of 2018

Postby Tyler » Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:02 am

Paddington 2
Peter Rabbit

Maze Runner: Death Cure
Den of Thieves
User avatar
wags83
Moderator
Posts: 10574
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:05 pm
Location: Golden Valley, MN
Contact:

Favorite Movies of 2018

Postby wags83 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:09 am

Hostiles
The Cloverfield Paradox
Insidious: The Last Key
User avatar
Watson2000
Posts: 93
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:00 pm
Contact:

Favorite Movies of 2018

Postby Watson2000 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:04 pm

Black Panther
The Cloverfield Paradox
Den of Thieves
User avatar
Corey
Site Admin
Posts: 1619
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:09 am
Contact:

Favorite Movies of 2018

Postby Corey » Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:12 pm

Added 15:17 to Paris

The Post
Den of Thieves
Maze Runner: The Death Cure
12 Strong
The Commuter
15:17 to Paris
Insidious: The Last Key
User avatar
Tyler
Owner
Posts: 27200
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:19 am
Location: Des Moines, IA
Contact:

Favorite Movies of 2018

Postby Tyler » Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:46 pm

Corey wrote:Source of the post Added 15:17 to Paris

The Post
Den of Thieves
Maze Runner: The Death Cure
12 Strong
The Commuter
15:17 to Paris
Insidious: The Last Key

The Post is technically 2017
User avatar
Corey
Site Admin
Posts: 1619
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:09 am
Contact:

Re: RE: Favorite Movies of 2018

Postby Corey » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:13 pm

Tyler wrote:
Corey wrote:Source of the post Added 15:17 to Paris

The Post
Den of Thieves
Maze Runner: The Death Cure
12 Strong
The Commuter
15:17 to Paris
Insidious: The Last Key

The Post is technically 2017


Wide release ftw

Image
User avatar
Tyler
Owner
Posts: 27200
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:19 am
Location: Des Moines, IA
Contact:

Re: Favorite Movies of 2018

Postby Tyler » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:25 pm

True, but it's eligible for Oscars this year.

I have the same debate every year with purple_hayes.

If we are accepting The Post, you need to accept Molly's Game and a number of other Oscar season movies.
User avatar
Corey
Site Admin
Posts: 1619
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:09 am
Contact:

Re: Favorite Movies of 2018

Postby Corey » Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:34 am

If it's not at any of the theaters around me (not counting the one artsy theater in uptown that usual gets the limited releases) I'm not going to consider it released for the purposes of this list. I went to Molly's game at the local AMC on 12/30 so I'm not counting it for this year.
User avatar
Tyler
Owner
Posts: 27200
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:19 am
Location: Des Moines, IA
Contact:

Re: RE: Re: Favorite Movies of 2018

Postby Tyler » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:52 am

Corey wrote:If it's not at any of the theaters around me (not counting the one artsy theater in uptown that usual gets the limited releases) I'm not going to consider it released for the purposes of this list. I went to Molly's game at the local AMC on 12/30 so I'm not counting it for this year.
I'll allow it.
User avatar
wags83
Moderator
Posts: 10574
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:05 pm
Location: Golden Valley, MN
Contact:

Favorite Movies of 2018

Postby wags83 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:36 pm

Black Panther
Hostiles
The Cloverfield Paradox
Insidious: The Last Key

Added Black Panther. It's a tough decision putting it or Hostiles as number one.
User avatar
CrckrJack
Posts: 1831
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:17 am
Contact:

Favorite Movies of 2018

Postby CrckrJack » Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:45 pm

Added 15:17 to Paris and Hostiles

Hostiles




Den of Thieves
15:17 to Paris
The Commuter
12 Strong
User avatar
Tyler
Owner
Posts: 27200
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:19 am
Location: Des Moines, IA
Contact:

Re: RE: Favorite Movies of 2018

Postby Tyler » Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:05 pm

CrckrJack wrote:Added 15:17 to Paris and Hostiles

Hostiles




Den of Thieves
15:17 to Paris
The Commuter
12 Strong
Is the break separating good from meh movies?
User avatar
CrckrJack
Posts: 1831
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:17 am
Contact:

Favorite Movies of 2018

Postby CrckrJack » Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:08 pm

Tyler wrote:Source of the post Is the break separating good from meh movies?

The super duper great vs the rest
User avatar
Corey
Site Admin
Posts: 1619
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:09 am
Contact:

Favorite Movies of 2018

Postby Corey » Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:27 pm

Added Black Panther

Black Panther
The Post

Den of Thieves
Maze Runner: The Death Cure
12 Strong
The Commuter

15:17 to Paris
Insidious: The Last Key
User avatar
Huss Buss
Top Contributor
Posts: 2797
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:21 pm
Contact:

Favorite Movies of 2018

Postby Huss Buss » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:32 pm

Black Panther
Hostiles
12 Strong

Return to “Movies”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests