Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

What 2017 movie do you wish you could see in theaters again or feel bad you missed?

Discuss your favorite movies
Tyler
Owner

What 2017 movie do you wish you could see in theaters again or feel bad you missed?

Postby Tyler » Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:40 am

I don't typically see movies multiple times in the same year, let alone while still in theaters, but I wish I would have seen Blade Runner right when it came out and again before it left theaters. It was visually stunning and the sound design was great.

I also wish I would have seen Dunkirk in theaters. I saw it at home and I wasn't blown away like everyone at the theaters were.
DannyFanny
Top Contributor

Postby DannyFanny » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:19 am

Blade Runner.

I was going to go, but I saw Princess Bride was playing the same weekend; so opted to see that movie in theaters.
Last edited by DannyFanny on Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
wags83

Postby wags83 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:22 am

I missed both of those in theaters, I think they would be cool to see.
purple_hayes

Postby purple_hayes » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:29 pm

Tyler wrote:Source of the post I don't typically see movies multiple times in the same year, let alone while still in theaters, but I wish I would have seen Blade Runner right when it came out and again before it left theaters. It was visually stunning and the sound design was great.

I also wish I would have seen Dunkirk in theaters. I saw it at home and I wasn't blown away like everyone at the theaters were.

Saw both at the IMAX and the movie theater experience made those movies. Seeing it on the big, big screen of IMAX was just incredible.
purple_hayes

Postby purple_hayes » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:32 pm

to answer the question... Bright... I would have liked to have seen this one in the theater. I think the action sequences and the colors would have exploded off the screen.
wags83

Postby wags83 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:09 pm

purple_hayes wrote:Source of the post to answer the question... Bright... I would have liked to have seen this one in the theater. I think the action sequences and the colors would have exploded off the screen.

Do virtual theaters count? If so, it wasn't anything special.
purple_hayes

Postby purple_hayes » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:38 pm

wags83 wrote:
purple_hayes wrote:Source of the post to answer the question... Bright... I would have liked to have seen this one in the theater. I think the action sequences and the colors would have exploded off the screen.

Man... that's so disappointing. Was hoping it would be good on a bigger screen. Some of the action sequences are amazing.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
wags83

Postby wags83 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:57 pm

purple_hayes wrote:Source of the post
wags83 wrote:

Man... that's so disappointing. Was hoping it would be good on a bigger screen. Some of the action sequences are amazing.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Haha, I was mostly joking. The theater in BigScreen VR is not comparable to a real theater.
Tyler
Owner

Re: What 2017 movie do you wish you could see in theaters again or feel bad you missed?

Postby Tyler » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:50 pm

Take that back wags! The experience is accurate, but the resolution is not.
Kath525

Postby Kath525 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:50 pm

Detroit. It was amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tyler
Owner

Re: RE: What 2017 movie do you wish you could see in theaters again or feel bad you missed?

Postby Tyler » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:48 pm

Kath525 wrote:Detroit. It was amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That movie was really good, what makes that a good theater experience movie other than being a compelling story?
CrckrJack

Postby CrckrJack » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:12 pm

Tyler wrote:Source of the post That movie was really good, what makes that a good theater experience movie other than being a compelling story?

Audience reactions. We saw it with like 15 black people.
purple_hayes

Postby purple_hayes » Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:27 pm

Tyler wrote:Source of the post Take that back wags! The experience is accurate, but the resolution is not.

So, you get people talking, cell phones going off, kids crying, people walking over you to go to the bathroom and people ruining the plot in your VR theater too?
wags83

Postby wags83 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:10 pm

purple_hayes wrote:Source of the post
Tyler wrote:Source of the post Take that back wags! The experience is accurate, but the resolution is not.

So, you get people talking, cell phones going off, kids crying, people walking over you to go to the bathroom and people ruining the plot in your VR theater too?

Not quite, but we do have Corey screwing around most of the time, so it's close.

Return to “Movies”