Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Good Time (Goodtime for searching purposes) - Robert Pattinson

Discuss your favorite movies
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:49 am

Small indie film from this year. It showed up on a lot of "best of 2017" lists or overlooked movies. Came out on DVD back in November.

First a trailer/synopsis and then my thoughts.

After a heist goes awry, a bank robber spends a night trying to free his mentally handicapped brother from being sent to Riker's Island prison.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVyGCxHZ_Ko

I really liked this movie and it gave me new appreciation for Pattinson. The movie was very unique and had was a fun ride. I can easily recommend this movie to anyone on CPT because I think everyone here would enjoy the weird story.

I found the character of Nick the most interesting but sadly he wasn't in the movie much. Nick is the younger of the 2 brothers and is mentally slow. Pattinson's character uses him in a bank robbery and feels extremely guilty when he gets his own brother sent to jail. Nick was played by the co-director and that blew my mind. He gave a very strong performance. Hard to believe someone our age can act/direct/write/edit a movie like this. His real life brother also splits these roles with him. I will for sure be checking out their other movies.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:58 pm

Pete Davidson went onto Jimmy to talk about his engagement and a new movie he is in, but instead he talked all about Good Times since it is his favorite movie and Robert Pattinson was also a guest

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwAL5TetOdI

Return to “Movies”