Blue Jackets
Top Contributor

Fullmetal Alchemist | Netflix | live action

Postby Blue Jackets » Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:29 am

Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:07 am

I know nothing about this. Something DannyFanny, Wilkins, Crckrjack watch? I know I have seen one of them mention it before
DannyFanny
Top Contributor

Postby DannyFanny » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:05 am

Both anime series were great. I didn't know they were making a live action movie. Generally animation to live action doesn't translate well, so I'm probably going to be incredibly biased if I have watch this.
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Postby cwilkins88 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:21 am

I' ve always wanted to watch this. Do you watch brotherhood second right? Are they separate?
DannyFanny
Top Contributor

Postby DannyFanny » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:35 am

FMA and FMA: Brotherhood are two different animes that start out the same. If I recall correctly, FMA was produced while the manga wasn't completely written so the showrunners took liberty with the show. So while they start out quite similar, they end differently. You don't need to watch one to understand the other.

FMA: Brotherhood is probably the better of the two and the one I would suggest watching if you only wanted to watch one. If you want to watch both, I don't know what order to suggest. Probably the original then Brotherhood. Each series is only like 50-60 episodes, so it's not an incredible time sink to watch both.
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Postby cwilkins88 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:36 am

DannyFanny wrote:Source of the post FMA and FMA: Brotherhood are two different animes that start out the same. If I recall correctly, FMA was produced while the manga wasn't completely written so the showrunners took liberty with the show. So while they start out quite similar, they end differently. You don't need to watch one to understand the other.

FMA: Brotherhood is probably the better of the two and the one I would suggest watching if you only wanted to watch one. If you want to watch both, I don't know what order to suggest. Probably the original then Brotherhood. Each series is only like 50-60 episodes, so it's not an incredible time sink to watch both.

Alright, thanks. I'll probably do brotherhood first just in case, but if I like it, I'll probably watch both.

Return to “Movies”