Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Christopher Robin (2018) -Hayley Atwell, Ewan McGregor

Discuss your favorite movies
Blue Jackets
Top Contributor

Postby Blue Jackets » Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:29 am

Working-class family man Christopher Robin encounters his childhood friend Winnie-the-Pooh, who helps him to rediscover the joys of life.

Not to be confused with 2017's "Goodbye Christopher Robin" starring Margot Robbie and Domhnall Gleeson

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=425M4M3Opkk
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:01 am

Blue Jackets wrote:Source of the post Not to be confused with 2017's "Goodbye Christopher Robin" starring Margot Robbie and Domhnall Gleeson

Plus both of these were in Peter Rabbit. So many talking animal movies.
CrckrJack

Postby CrckrJack » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:55 am

Looks cute
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:08 am

This movie barely held the attention of an almost 3 year old who has NO idea who any of these characters were. We have seen a few live action movies that she sat through entirely (Paddington 2) but she got pretty restless with this one at times. She said she liked it, but it was a little stressful to keep her still during part of it.

First 15 minutes of this movie reminds me of Up. They tell a fast story that is full of emotion. The rest of the movie is cute, charming, and slighter better than vanilla. Very middle of the road family movie but it will have you smiling throughout (other than some of the opening). There is nothing to dislike but nothing for me to love either. If you were a big fan of Pooh I could see how this movie was perfect.

Animation is great. There was 1 scene that felt very off, but otherwise the characters looked very lifelike. Great job for the cast interacting with the convincingly.

A direction I am glad they didn't take the movie....
After leaving Pooh, Christopher Robin and him are reunited 30 years later. Christopher has a "holy sheet, I can't believe you are here" moment, but he doesn't ever say "this can't be real". He is an adult man who 100% knows Pooh is real and has always been real, he is just shocked to see him years later and so far away from home. This also makes the movie that much sadder. Christopher Robin isn't a man who grew up and lost his imagination so he lost his friends, he is a man who grew up and just didn't make time for his childhood friends.

Closing thoughts:
If you were only going to see one animated bear movie this year, then Paddington 2 is easy to recommend over this. That movie is perfect.

Return to “Movies”