Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Pacific Rim 2

Discuss your favorite movies
Travis

Pacific Rim 2

Postby Travis » Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:04 pm

I m looking forward to this movie. Anyone else?
Tyler
Owner

Pacific Rim 2

Postby Tyler » Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:45 pm

I'll probably see this Friday alone after work thanks to MoviePass, unless I decide to see Tomb Raider.

I regret not seeing the first one in theaters so there is no way I am missing this one. I should probably watch some kind of recap because I thought the first movie ended with them fixing the problem for good? I'm sure all that will be explained though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZ5JBxlRDio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5aHkGIRPho

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzkOkh1tOqE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fupWquPNoTc
wags83

Pacific Rim 2

Postby wags83 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:51 am

I'm pumped for this movie. I really liked the first one. Not that it was a great film, but it was super entertaining and at least an original idea not (to my knowledge) based off of a book, or videogame, or reboot.
CrckrJack

Pacific Rim 2

Postby CrckrJack » Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:12 pm

Sounds like I need to watch the first one soon.
Tyler
Owner

Re: RE: Pacific Rim 2

Postby Tyler » Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:27 pm

CrckrJack wrote:Sounds like I need to watch the first one soon.
Watch, as in for the first time? Umm, yes if you haven't.
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Pacific Rim 2

Postby cwilkins88 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:08 pm

I fell asleep during the first one three times before I was able to finish. I'll probably never watch this

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
CrckrJack

Pacific Rim 2

Postby CrckrJack » Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:04 am

Had this on in the background last night and had to shut it off because the acting was so bad.
Tyler
Owner

Re: Pacific Rim 2

Postby Tyler » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:02 am

Reviewing as well (bad?) As Tomb Raider. I'll still see Rim, but probably not tomorrow.
Travis

Pacific Rim 2

Postby Travis » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:40 pm

I’ll be going to this movie Saturday or Sunday
Blue Jackets
Top Contributor

Pacific Rim 2

Postby Blue Jackets » Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:53 am

"Pacific Rim Uprising made me feel what I imagine the fans of the original Star Wars felt like after watching the prequels."
wags83

Pacific Rim 2

Postby wags83 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:26 am

That's not a good review.
Blue Jackets
Top Contributor

Pacific Rim 2

Postby Blue Jackets » Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:56 am

Charlie Day confirms he played his Pacific Rim character Newt Geizler as "in love" with fellow scientist Hermann Gottlieb.

At the Pacific Rim: Uprising premiere, Charlie Day explained how Newton Geiszler fared in the years between movies. “He’s been separated from Hermann, so he’s kind of not himself, he has no one keeping him real. And he misses the man that he’s in love with.”

“It sounds like you ship it, like half the internet,” said the interviewer.

“People have been shipping it, but I think they’re totally right,” Day said. “It completely informs the character. I honestly was thinking about it that way when I was acting through those scenes, and it’s so much more interesting. So thank you to the fans for writing along with the writers.”
Travis

Pacific Rim 2

Postby Travis » Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:11 pm

Going to this movie soon, I’m looking forward to it even though what people have been saying on here
Travis

Pacific Rim 2

Postby Travis » Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:20 pm

Just got done seeing this movie with Ben. I thought it was better then the first one, there where some funny parts. Me saying it was better then the first one i also thought it would be a different story line then what it was. Am little confused on some of the parts in the movie. Hoping how they ending this movie there will be a third one.
wags83

Pacific Rim 2

Postby wags83 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:31 am

I saw that this finally unseated Black Panther as #1 movie for the weekend.
wags83

Pacific Rim 2

Postby wags83 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:34 pm

Saw this tonight. The action made me remember why I liked the first one so much. Giant robots fighting giant monsters is awesome. Not bad overall, but the story of the first one was definitely better.

Things I didn't like:
Scott Eastwood isn't a very good actor.
Robots turning into kaiju was unnecessary. I'll accept the premise that they are being run on kaiju brains and blood but when they morphed into robots with kaiju spikes and claws, that kinda took me out of it.
Said kaiju robots were defeated pretty easily once they "hacked" them or whatever.
People move on from seemingly tragic deaths very quickly.

Don't go into this movie expecting a cinematic masterpiece. It's mindless action, explosions, and bright, pretty colors. Definitely worth seeing though as the action, explosions, and bright, pretty colors make up for it not being a great story. And like Travis said, they left the door wide open for a third one, which would be neat based on the last line of the movie.
Travis

Pacific Rim 2

Postby Travis » Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:11 pm

wags83 wrote:Source of the post Saw this tonight. The action made me remember why I liked the first one so much. Giant robots fighting giant monsters is awesome. Not bad overall, but the story of the first one was definitely better.

Things I didn't like:
Scott Eastwood isn't a very good actor.
Robots turning into kaiju was unnecessary. I'll accept the premise that they are being run on kaiju brains and blood but when they morphed into robots with kaiju spikes and claws, that kinda took me out of it.
Said kaiju robots were defeated pretty easily once they "hacked" them or whatever.
People move on from seemingly tragic deaths very quickly.

Don't go into this movie expecting a cinematic masterpiece. It's mindless action, explosions, and bright, pretty colors. Definitely worth seeing though as the action, explosions, and bright, pretty colors make up for it not being a great story. And like Travis said, they left the door wide open for a third one, which would be neat based on the last line of the movie.

im still trying to figure out what cadet died. also where the robots all new or were any of them from the first movie? i though there would be more real kaiju action not the robot kaiju.
Tyler
Owner

Re: Pacific Rim 2

Postby Tyler » Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:35 am

I'll probably still see it for the senseless fun reasons wags mentioned. I won't be a horrible husband though and subject my wife to that torture.
wags83

Pacific Rim 2

Postby wags83 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:02 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post I'll probably still see it for the senseless fun reasons wags mentioned. I won't be a horrible husband though and subject my wife to that torture.

I should clarify, I went by myself. Erin was with her mom and sister getting a pedicure.
Travis wrote:Source of the post im still trying to figure out what cadet died.

I believe it was the Middle Eastern looking one. I don't know any of their names.
Travis wrote:Source of the post also where the robots all new or were any of them from the first movie?

I was wondering that too. The one that John Boyega's character piloted looked like the one from the first movie but that one was sacrificed at the end, so I'm guessing they were all new.
Watson2000

Pacific Rim 2

Postby Watson2000 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:29 am

Travis wrote:Source of the post im still trying to figure out what cadet died.

I believe it was the Middle Eastern looking one. I don't know any of their names.

Yeah, the one that was going to be a boob doctor like his dad. Boy, that joke never got old...

Return to “Movies”