Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Steven Spielberg becomes the first director in history to have a total gross of over $10bn.

Discuss your favorite movies
Blue Jackets

Steven Spielberg becomes the first director in history to have a total gross of over $10bn.

Postby Blue Jackets » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:31 am

List

1. Steven Spielberg. Highest Grossing: Jurassic Park. Total: $10b
2. Peter Jackson. Highest Grossing: Return of the King. Total: $6.5b
3. Michael Bay. Highest Grossing: Transformers Dark of the Moon. Total: $6.4n
4. James Cameron. Highest Grossing: Avatar. Total: $6.1b
5. David Yates. Highest Grossing: Harry Potter 8. Total: $5.3b
Tyler
Owner

Re: Steven Spielberg becomes the first director in history to have a total gross of over $10bn.

Postby Tyler » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:10 am

Impressed Cameron is that high with so few movies.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:04 am

I used this as my daily trivia question yesterday. Who was the first director to gross $10 billion across all of his films.
4 people instantly thought of Spielberg and James Cameron, but only one of them went with the right answer. George Lucas was also an answer I heard.
purple_hayes

Postby purple_hayes » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:11 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post Impressed Cameron is that high with so few movies.

Cameron has two of the highest grossing films of all time with both Titanic and Avatar. Plus, his other ventures into sci fi with Terminator, T2: Judgement Day, and Aliens. Should be interesting if the rumored 4 new Avatar sequels plus if he returns to the Terminator franchise if that will push him to the top.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:18 am

purple_hayes wrote:Source of the post Cameron has two of the highest grossing films of all time with both Titanic and Avatar. Plus, his other ventures into sci fi with Terminator, T2: Judgement Day, and Aliens.

Right, I am giving the man credit for making some of the biggest movies ever. He has less than HALF of the movies Spielberg does. 57 vs 24
purple_hayes

Postby purple_hayes » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:27 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post
purple_hayes wrote:Source of the post Cameron has two of the highest grossing films of all time with both Titanic and Avatar. Plus, his other ventures into sci fi with Terminator, T2: Judgement Day, and Aliens.

Right, I am giving the man credit for making some of the biggest movies ever. He has less than HALF of the movies Spielberg does. 57 vs 24

Wasn't disputing you, was just saying... like adding to your narrative.
Tyler
Owner

Re: Steven Spielberg becomes the first director in history to have a total gross of over $10bn.

Postby Tyler » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:04 am

I'm so defensive! It's rare you are agreeing with someone.

Bazinga!

Return to “Movies”