Blue Jackets
Top Contributor

How to Train Your Dragon 3

Postby Blue Jackets » Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:27 am

Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:58 am

Solid movie to end the franchise with. I liked everything about it, especially the visuals. Hiccup had peach fuzz and you could clearly see it! The textures of the world (trees, SAND, grass, water, waterfalls) were so lifelike. The story didn't leave me as impressed as the first one (I don't remember how I felt about the second's).

Shall we dig into the issues I had? I feel bad doing this, because I really did like them movie, but things left me scratching my head.
-No one was controlling lady Night Fury. It was just dumb luck that she worked as bait. What if her and Toothless just flew away together? She wasn't being mind controlled during all of this.
-Everyone is so dumb. People getting followed. Villains don't know directions.
-Twice Hiccup had well thought out plans and fails against Grimmel. However, he can somehow get the drop on Grimmel 3 minutes after he takes all of their dragons and surprise wingsuit. That plan was worst than the other 2 but somehow worked?..all while they had no dragons.

I never really felt like Grimmel was that serious of a threat, even though they kept saying he was. He had 3 mind control dragons and Hiccup had hundreds. They should have just stormed his tower with all of the viking dragons and it would have been over.

I was reading online about how tons of grown men were crying at the end when it is revealed Hiccup had kids and Toothless had kids and they all love each other again. I didn't feel much there, the most emotional part for me was when Hiccup sacrificed himself so Lady Night Fury could save Toothless. "Save him" and then he falls in slow mo with Grimmel ripping his wing suit to pieces. Of course Hiccup was going to be saved at the last second, but that fall was emotional.

Evie's review: She asked multiple times to leave during the movie. She even got up and tried walking out to the car. The white hair guy terrified her. She's been going through a phase the past couple of months where she can't see anything with bad guys. Dragons shooting fire and trying to eat Hiccup...fine. Bad guy with white hair...nope. During funny/happy moments of the movie she kept asking "Is the bad guy gone? Is he coming back?"

I liked it! I swear, just didn't live up to the first. But again...visuals are so good. Might be the best animation I've ever seen.
DannyFanny
Top Contributor

Postby DannyFanny » Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:25 am

I thought it was fine movie. I also don't remember the second one. Hiccup willing to give his life for Toothless is much more emotionally impacting than "everyone had kids and we're still friends."
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Postby cwilkins88 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:07 pm

I liked it. Grimmel = the bad food critic from Ratatouille.

Best part was when the dumb girl was in the cell "oh no, you let the dragons out of the cage" Huge luls from me.

I actually did feel quite a bit of emotion at the end seeing him with kids, although I didn't care about toothless having kids. The fall was definitely more emotional.

Only pet peeve is that my kid had to pee with 5 minutes left in the movie, so I told her to hold it, then she started whining to my wife, who had to take her and miss the last part of the movie. (I refused to take her, because my kids are 6 and 5 minutes is nothing - they just act whiny af sometimes).
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:19 pm

cwilkins88 wrote:Source of the post Best part was when the dumb girl was in the cell "oh no, you let the dragons out of the cage" Huge luls from me.

That was a great line.

cwilkins88 wrote:Source of the post Only pet peeve is that my kid had to pee with 5 minutes left in the movie, so I told her to hold it, then she started whining to my wife, who had to take her and miss the last part of the movie. (I refused to take her, because my kids are 6 and 5 minutes is nothing - they just act whiny af sometimes).

BRB. Calling DHS
DannyFanny
Top Contributor

Postby DannyFanny » Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:19 pm

Tyler wrote:Source of the post cwilkins88 wrote:
Source of the post Best part was when the dumb girl was in the cell "oh no, you let the dragons out of the cage" Huge luls from me.

That was a great line.

I got a decent chuckle out of that line too.

Return to “Movies”