Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Netflix's The Outsider (2018) Jared Leto, Tadanobu Asano, Kippei Shîna

Discuss your favorite movies
purple_hayes

Postby purple_hayes » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:07 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNNcl2mEHzQ

I watched this movie last night. Was bored, it was cold out, had nothing better to do... knew nothing about it but like Jared Leto. So, thought what they hay... wasn't too bad.

The movie leaves most of the side/back story to be a bit ambiguous. You pick up pieces along the way. From what I picked up, the movie is set just after World War II, Jared Leto is a prisoner of war who helps a fellow inmate. The other inmate turns out to be part of the Japanese mafia. Upon getting his release from prison, Leto begins a life in the yakuza. Its pretty fascinating. Tends to be a bit slow and the overall point of the movie is a bit hidden, but I enjoyed it. Its really well done for a Netflix movie. If you like Jared Leto and Japanese themed movies, I recommend it.
Tyler
Owner

Re: Netflix's The Outsider (2018) Jared Leto, Tadanobu Asano, Kippei Shîna

Postby Tyler » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:15 am

Woah, Netflix finally has a decent movie? When did this come out? I assume very recently
purple_hayes

Postby purple_hayes » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:22 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post Woah, Netflix finally has a decent movie? When did this come out? I assume very recently

They have a couple decent movies. This came out on March 9th, it says. There was a driver style movie I watched with the guy from the Purge sequels, he played Crossbones in Capt America that was pretty good. We've discussed the Ritual, its pretty dece but you won't watch cuz its creepy.

Return to “Movies”