Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

I Feel Pretty - Amy Schumer movie

Discuss your favorite movies
megatron

Postby megatron » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:14 pm

No one has mentioned this movie yet...it came out last weekend. I went by myself yesterday morning.

I really enjoyed it and think it's on the same level as Trainwreck. Lol'd a bunch and it had a good message about self image and being confident with who you are. Michelle Williams is also in it and surprisingly funny with a high pitched baby like voice that she keeps up the whole movie.

Ironically as I was getting my ticket to this movie the sales guy complimented my shirt (honestly just a black T-shirt with some stripes but ok cool). I said thank you. That would have been just fine if left at that. He proceeds to say "Every women deserves to get 3 compliments a day." I of course had to say "Well everyBODY deserves to be complimented!" He replies, "Yeah but women need compliments more because they are more insecure and seek others' approval more than men." I say "Oh do we?!" I rolled my eyes and left. I think he kept trying to say something but I was already halfway to the theater.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Tyler
Owner

Re: I Feel Pretty - Amy Schumer movie

Postby Tyler » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:56 pm

Omg what a tool! That is crazy.

I really liked Trainwreck, but all of Amy's other projects have not been for me. If this is along the lines of that movie then I will check it out.

That's for telling us about it. And remember, you're as beautiful as you are insecure.
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Postby cwilkins88 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:00 pm

Tyler wrote:Omg what a tool! That is crazy.

I really liked Trainwreck, but all of Amy's other projects have not been for me. If this is along the lines of that movie then I will check it out.

That's for telling us about it. And remember, you're as beautiful as you are insecure.
Also I'm sure you have a nice hat. There, that's 3.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Tyler
Owner

Re: I Feel Pretty - Amy Schumer movie

Postby Tyler » Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:49 am

Just realized a WORKER said that to you.
wags83

Postby wags83 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:27 am

Haha, wow, what a d-bag working at the theater.

We saw the preview for this while at another movie earlier this month. Erin and I were both laughing at the trailer. I would see it.
megatron

Postby megatron » Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:43 am

Yeah I think that's why he gets the Tuesday matinee shifts...

Erin

Postby Erin » Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:35 pm

Oh Meg that is too funny yet awful! Such a weird coincidence indeed. I want to see this, hopefully we can get to it over the next few days.

Erin

Postby Erin » Thu May 03, 2018 6:47 am

Saw this last night. I also really liked it and was laughing out loud all throughout the movie. I like that the humor didn't feel super forced, rather a lot of relatable awkwardness and random commentary. I liked how the characters that seemed so perfect had their own insecurities to make it not just a movie about confidence with looks.

Also, I liked that William's sibling male character didn't end up being a huge douche. I feel like stories promoting women empowerment can show the less flattering sides of guys, whereas this one used him in a supporting role to build up her message.

Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Thu May 03, 2018 7:13 am

Erin wrote:Source of the post Saw this last night. I also really liked it and was laughing out loud all throughout the movie. I like that the humor didn't feel super forced, rather a lot of relatable awkwardness and random commentary.

That's good to hear. Shumer's movie from last year (Snatched) was not very good, but I'll check this out if it's more in line with her Trainwreck movie as far as comedy goes.

Return to “Movies”