Blue Jackets
Top Contributor

The Lego Movie 2

Postby Blue Jackets » Tue May 22, 2018 6:30 am

Tyler
Owner

Re: The Lego Movie 2

Postby Tyler » Tue May 22, 2018 2:36 pm

That will be here in no time. Evie will enjoy seeing that.
Blue Jackets
Top Contributor

The Lego Movie 2

Postby Blue Jackets » Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:32 am

Huss Buss
Top Contributor

The Lego Movie 2

Postby Huss Buss » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:49 am

this is the next movie I want see for sure in theaters
Huss Buss
Top Contributor

The Lego Movie 2

Postby Huss Buss » Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:44 pm

everything was awesome tho!
bmyoungs

The Lego Movie 2

Postby bmyoungs » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:52 pm

We took Marshall to it today. I liked it and the message was really good but it certainly wasn't the first one. Thankfully I went in with lie expectations on that front.

I totally didn't tear up at all

The credits song was the best part

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Tyler
Owner

The Lego Movie 2

Postby Tyler » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:03 am

Was this Marshall's first movie theater experience?

I agree with every point you made. It was good, but I thought it fell short of the first one. Some could argue that the first one was so new and different and that is why it is better, but I don't think that's it. The first one was just better across the board. Second Part wasn't nearly as funny, but I still enjoyed myself during the whole thing. First movie did more with licensed toys as well. This one had DC characters of course, but the first movie had a lot more characters they played with. Aside from Batman, the main characters of this one are original to The Lego Movie.

The message of siblings learning to play nice together was cute. You know it is only going to last another 17 minutes before they start to fight again, but it is sweet in the moment. I didn't like the stereotype of the absent father who leaves it all to mom. Clearly they could only get Will Ferrell for an afternoon of voice work so they had to write into the story of how he is a horrible father now.

Bruce Willis has a horrible reputation in Hollywood, but his cameo here was excellent. One of the funniest parts of the movie.

It was fun watching the kids grow up in real life based on how they played. When the aliens first attacked they were being played with by a preschooler so they were duplex and couldn't talk. Over the 5 years they grew up and became Lego Friends.

Great twist that the queen didn't end up being evil. One would assume the character singing a song about not being evil would end up being the villain.

Jocelyn and I were losing it during the credits song. I loved the visuals and the song was hilarious. The stuck in your head song was also good, but I don't think it will be nearly the hit that Everything is Awesome was. Gotham City Guys was also great. "I ain't Selina Kyle, I ain't no Vicki Vale. I was never into you even when you were Christian Bale."

Another good joke, When Abe Lincoln is going into the toy bin " I had tickets to the theater tonight!!"
bmyoungs

The Lego Movie 2

Postby bmyoungs » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:03 am

This was his second time. We went to Ralph breaks the internet last month.

I think the biggest problem was the same issue I have with every sequel. Trying to use the exact same formula for jokes.

The first movie also had the surprise real life moment that was impossible to recreate with the second.

The queens songs were fantastic and I like how they did the appearance of brainwashed Legos but they were just happy.

Tyler
Owner

The Lego Movie 2

Postby Tyler » Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:58 pm

Trying to make it through this song today at work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkAQK6QqqVs
bmyoungs

The Lego Movie 2

Postby bmyoungs » Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:23 pm

Lol 10 hours of that is rough

Return to “Movies”