Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Widows - gritty female heist movie

Discuss your favorite movies
Blue Jackets
Top Contributor

Postby Blue Jackets » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:36 am

Widows comes from Academy Award-winning director Steve McQueen (12 Years a Slave) and co-writer and bestselling author Gillian Flynn (Gone Girl). This blistering, modern-day thriller set against the backdrop of crime, passion and corruption. Widows is the story of four women with nothing in common except a debt left behind by their dead husbands' criminal activities. Set in contemporary Chicago, amid a time of turmoil, tensions build when Veronica (Viola Davis), Alice (Elizabeth Debicki), Linda (Michelle Rodriguez) and Belle (Cynthia Erivo) take their fate into their own hands and conspire to forge a future on their own terms. Widows also stars Liam Neeson, Colin Farrell, Robert Duvall, Daniel Kaluuya, Lukas Haas and Brian Tyree Henry.

https://youtu.be/6S3phVSi0tI
Tyler
Owner

Re: Windows - gritty female heist movie

Postby Tyler » Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:14 am

I'll for sure see this some Friday morning alone.
Tyler
Owner

Re: RE: Re: Windows - gritty female heist movie

Postby Tyler » Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:37 pm

Tyler wrote:I'll for sure see this some Friday morning alone.
This Friday I'll treat myself. Also, it's Widows, not Windows.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:01 am

This movie has 91% on RT. 8.1/10 score.
I liked the movie, but I'm not sure I liked it *that* much. My biggest complaint with the movie is that I saw the "twist" coming from a mile away. Not all the specifics of it, but enough that I wasn't surprised at all.

There is a long take of Colin Farrel talking in the car. However, instead of filming him in the car it was filmed from the hood and only showed the car while you heard him talking. It was really cool to see how the neighborhood changed from horrible to upscale.

Daniel Kaluuya from Get Out, Black Panther and Black Mirror was so intimidating. So twisted when he was stabbing the paralyzed guy to see where the feeling started and ended.

The best part of a heist movie is seeing the planning and execution of the heist. Sadly that accounts for less than half the movie. A majority of the movie was shady politics

Worth a watch for sure. I think everyone here will enjoy one aspect or another.

Return to “Movies”