Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

The Purge Movies

Discuss your favorite movies
Tyler
Owner

The Purge Movies

Postby Tyler » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:42 pm

I have never seen a Purge movie, and never will, but I have some questions after seeing the most recent trailer.

So 1 day a year anything is legal, including murder. Why is everyone so focused on the murder? I feel like a majority of the people would be more interested in robbing/looting? People don't murder people not because it's illegal, but because gross. People would be all about robbing though, right?
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

The Purge Movies

Postby cwilkins88 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:27 am

Tyler wrote:I have never seen a Purge movie, and never will, but I have some questions after seeing the most recent trailer.

So 1 day a year anything is legal, including murder. Why is everyone so focused on the murder? I feel like a majority of the people would be more interested in robbing/looting? People don't murder people not because it's illegal, but because gross. People would be all about robbing though, right?
There is tons of blackmail and extorting, robbery etc. It's just not as interesting to show a guy drive a semi to Costco and loot tvs though.

In the movies, they show them hiring guards to protect store fronts

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
purple_hayes

The Purge Movies

Postby purple_hayes » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:52 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post I have never seen a Purge movie, and never will, but I have some questions after seeing the most recent trailer.

I have always wondered this too. The movie focuses on murder and the brutality it brings. They talk about the looting and vandalism but never really show it. Which just seems odd. They only show the killing. They are great mid budget films. They focus on survival and doing the right thing when it seems that the whole world is turned upside down for 12 hours.
CrckrJack

The Purge Movies

Postby CrckrJack » Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:08 pm

I agree that the focus is too much on murder. I feel like there would be a lot of sex crimes happening during this too. Which I'm kind of surprised they haven't focused on at all.

Super pumped for this movie. Kathryn and I are trying to watch all 3 by the time this one comes out. I think we have gone 3 sittings and arne't through the first one yet.
Tyler
Owner

Re: RE: The Purge Movies

Postby Tyler » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:48 pm

CrckrJack wrote:I agree that the focus is too much on murder. I feel like there would be a lot of sex crimes happening during this too. Which I'm kind of surprised they haven't focused on at all.

Super pumped for this movie. Kathryn and I are trying to watch all 3 by the time this one comes out. I think we have gone 3 sittings and arne't through the first one yet.
Sounds like you guys really love this franchise.
CrckrJack

The Purge Movies

Postby CrckrJack » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:40 pm

Tyler wrote:Source of the post Sounds like you guys really love this franchise.

We do! we are just watching it before sleepy time and we fall asleep quickly
Tyler
Owner

Re: The Purge Movies

Postby Tyler » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:33 am

Saw this on Reddit today. Same point as me.

Return to “Movies”