Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Wilkins List of Horror Movies That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread

Discuss your favorite movies
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Postby cwilkins88 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:24 am

I'm going to start doing this instead of just never talking about them.

Last night, I watched a movie Called 'The Canyon' made in 2009. I've been searching for horror movies as I've seen a lot, and this is no exception. This movie is about a couple who hikes through the grand canyon, and their guide dies to rattlesnakes. These guys are not survivors, but overly optimistic on making it out.

However, upon calling the police finally, the main character falls off a rock face and gets his leg all dun broke. His wife then has to decide whether or not to leave him to the wolves (literally) to go and find help, or hope that the police can find them before she starves to death and dies from exposure.

Fun fact: turns out I had already seen this movie. It was just so boring in the beginning that I forgot.
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Postby cwilkins88 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:31 am

Road Games - Just don't.
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Postby cwilkins88 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:32 am

Us and Them - Netflix movie about a guy who is really mad about the status quo in England. Decides to rob some guy, but gets his face exposed too early, so he poses as the girls boyfriend to get access to the house and monologues for like 9 hours about how he hates wealth distribution. 6/10. It was interesting, but the plot was dumb.
CrckrJack

Postby CrckrJack » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:34 am

cwilkins88 wrote:Source of the post Us and Them - Netflix movie about a guy who is really mad about the status quo in England. Decides to rob some guy, but gets his face exposed too early, so he poses as the girls boyfriend to get access to the house and monologues for like 9 hours about how he hates wealth distribution. 6/10. It was interesting, but the plot was dumb.

Beautiful
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Postby cwilkins88 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:34 am

Yellow Brick Road (2010) - This is a weird one. Mockumentary about this road where a bunch of people just disappeared and were never found again. Group of people decide to try and find the road and find out what happened. It was interesting, because as they walk, they start to hear music which slowly drives them all insane. They mapped the whole path, but going backwards, it skewed all of the coordinates and none of them could escape. Slow fall into insanity for everyone. 7/10.
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Postby cwilkins88 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:37 am

Revenge (2018) - This was an actual good one. Girl goes on a retreat with a wealthy dude (they've been having an affair for a long time). While he leaves to go get some supplies, his friend shows up and rapes his girlfriend. When he gets back, the girl tells him, he beats the shit out of the guy, but instead of turning the guy in, he offers to buy her off, because 'hes a good guy'. She runs away and refuses to be bought, so he pushes her off a cliff.

Well she doesn't die and comes back and attempts to murder friggin erryone. I loved this movie. The atmosphere was good, and the way everyone dies was pretty neat-sauce. I rate this one 8.5/10.
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Postby cwilkins88 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:39 am

Still need to do: (will edit this).
Still/Born, A lonley place to die,primal rage, they remain,. 10x10, wildling
Last edited by cwilkins88 on Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Tyler
Owner

Re: Wilkins List of Horror Movies That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread

Postby Tyler » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:15 am

Are these all this week? Danny Fanny will like this thread too
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Postby cwilkins88 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:18 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post Are these all this week? Danny Fanny will like this thread too

Last two weeks with the exception of 1 or 2.
Blue Jackets
Top Contributor

Postby Blue Jackets » Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:35 am

Speaking of Nic Cage, have you seen Mom and Dad from last year?
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Postby cwilkins88 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:50 am

Blue Jackets wrote:Source of the post Speaking of Nic Cage, have you seen Mom and Dad from last year?

Yes, it was meh. Everyone goes crazy and wants to kill their kids. 10/10 can relate.
Tyler
Owner

Re: RE: Wilkins List of Horror Movies That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread

Postby Tyler » Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:08 am

cwilkins88 wrote:
Blue Jackets wrote:Source of the post Speaking of Nic Cage, have you seen Mom and Dad from last year?

Yes, it was meh. Everyone goes crazy and wants to kill their kids. 10/10 can relate.
:clap:
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Postby cwilkins88 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:11 pm

Terrifier - This movie is literally taking place on halloween where a guy in a clown masks kills bunches of people. That is the entire plot. If you want a simple slasher, this is a great B movie. The clown is creepy af. I love how they traded out main characters too.
Tyler
Owner

Re: RE: Wilkins List of Horror Movies That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread

Postby Tyler » Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:19 pm

cwilkins88 wrote:Terrifier - This movie is literally taking place on halloween where a guy in a clown masks kills bunches of people. That is the entire plot. If you want a simple slasher, this is a great B movie. The clown is creepy af. I love how they traded out main characters too.
Spooky! So no magic or science fiction. Just a dude in a mask?

cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Postby cwilkins88 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:54 pm

Yup. Just a dude in a super creepy mask
Tyler wrote:
cwilkins88 wrote:Terrifier - This movie is literally taking place on halloween where a guy in a clown masks kills bunches of people. That is the entire plot. If you want a simple slasher, this is a great B movie. The clown is creepy af. I love how they traded out main characters too.
Spooky! So no magic or science fiction. Just a dude in a mask?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Postby cwilkins88 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:11 am

PyeWacket (2018) - Man, I Loved this movie. For the first 2/3rds of it, you wouldn't even know this was a horror movie. It was a slow-burn thriller of an angsty teen who is being forced to move by her mom, after the recent death of the father.

The teen isn't unreasonable about it, but to deal with everything, the girl goes diet goth (she basically just has really black hair and dyes her nails black) and just reads occult books. She's not insane, and it was believable how she did it. Her personality wasn't stupid, and the way they portrayed it, you do actually believe she is a distraught kid. Well her mom says some SUPER shitty things to her (btw her mom is Andrea from TWD).

After the bad fight, she does this ritual in the forest to take away her mom. The rest of the movie is just her regretting doing it, not sleeping worrying about this demon (Pyewacket), coming to get her mom.

Lots of tension, well done shots (they did really good things with shaking cameras and blurring certain things to make the anxiety really come to life), really did this movie for me.

I would actually recommend watching this, so I won't spoil more, but at one point, Janelle just got up and says "oh fuck that". That in itself is a stamp of approval for me.

8.5/10.
purple_hayes

Postby purple_hayes » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:17 am

cwilkins88 wrote:Source of the post Revenge (2018) - This was an actual good one. Girl goes on a retreat with a wealthy dude (they've been having an affair for a long time). While he leaves to go get some supplies, his friend shows up and rapes his girlfriend. When he gets back, the girl tells him, he beats the shit out of the guy, but instead of turning the guy in, he offers to buy her off, because 'hes a good guy'. She runs away and refuses to be bought, so he pushes her off a cliff.

Well she doesn't die and comes back and attempts to murder friggin erryone. I loved this movie. The atmosphere was good, and the way everyone dies was pretty neat-sauce. I rate this one 8.5/10.

I watched this one... I was looking for movies to watch and I believe its like a 100% on RT or close to it. It is good. In the trivia section on IMDb, they say they ran out of fake blood several times. This movie uses a TON of blood.
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Postby cwilkins88 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:25 am

purple_hayes wrote:Source of the post
cwilkins88 wrote:Source of the post Revenge (2018) - This was an actual good one. Girl goes on a retreat with a wealthy dude (they've been having an affair for a long time). While he leaves to go get some supplies, his friend shows up and rapes his girlfriend. When he gets back, the girl tells him, he beats the shit out of the guy, but instead of turning the guy in, he offers to buy her off, because 'hes a good guy'. She runs away and refuses to be bought, so he pushes her off a cliff.

I watched this one... I was looking for movies to watch and I believe its like a 100% on RT or close to it. It is good. In the trivia section on IMDb, they say they ran out of fake blood several times. This movie uses a TON of blood.

Haha, that's awesome. I REALLY enjoyed the hallway circle chase thing.
purple_hayes

Postby purple_hayes » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:28 am

cwilkins88 wrote:Source of the post
purple_hayes wrote:Source of the post

Haha, that's awesome. I REALLY enjoyed the hallway circle chase thing.

Yeah, that was awesome... but the whole burning of the Pheonix into her skin like that. This movie ramps up the violence and blood to where its mostly unrealistic. But man, its fun. The Diehard glass/foot scene was intense.
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Postby cwilkins88 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:38 am

purple_hayes wrote:Source of the post Yeah, that was awesome... but the whole burning of the Pheonix into her skin like that. This movie ramps up the violence and blood to where its mostly unrealistic. But man, its fun. The Diehard glass/foot scene was intense.

Woof, that was hard to look at.

Return to “Movies”