Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Wilkins List of Horror Movies That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread

Discuss your favorite movies
wags83

Postby wags83 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:13 am

DannyFanny wrote:Source of the post Maniac (2012): Elijah Wood plays a serial killer who scalps his victims and attaches the scalps to mannequins. This movie is gory and can be hard to watch at some points. I did like the way it was shot mostly first person from Elijah's POV and many shots of him are through reflections or photos. Apparently this is a remake so maybe some day I'll find the original and give it a watch.

I assume he's playing Frodo in every movie, no matter the plot.
DannyFanny
Top Contributor

Postby DannyFanny » Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:24 am

wags83 wrote:Source of the post I assume he's playing Frodo in every movie, no matter the plot.

Yeah he lures his victims in with the promise of the One Ring then goes all Gollum on them.
DannyFanny
Top Contributor

Postby DannyFanny » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:58 pm

DannyFanny wrote:Source of the post Apparently this is a remake so maybe some day I'll find the original and give it a watch.

Maniac (1980): Obviously same premise as the remake, but I'd tell people to watch the remake over this one. I liked the first person filming of the remake. I also prefer the ending in the remake. Again some scenes were hard to watch, but more because they were laughable or lingered too long. Due to the film's low budget, it was filmed guerilla-style. I think that makes it more interesting than had it been filmed with proper permits.
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Postby cwilkins88 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:31 am

wags83 wrote:Source of the post
DannyFanny wrote:Source of the post Maniac (2012): Elijah Wood plays a serial killer who scalps his victims and attaches the scalps to mannequins. This movie is gory and can be hard to watch at some points. I did like the way it was shot mostly first person from Elijah's POV and many shots of him are through reflections or photos. Apparently this is a remake so maybe some day I'll find the original and give it a watch.

I assume he's playing Frodo in every movie, no matter the plot.

Welp, I'm sold on this.

Return to “Movies”