Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Wilkins List of Horror Movies That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread

Discuss your favorite movies
DannyFanny
Top Contributor

Postby DannyFanny » Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:48 pm

You're Next (2011): During a weekend getaway, a family's vacation home gets attacked by mask-wearing criminals. Phrased that way it sounds like a generic home invasion movie. I liked this movie. A strong female lead that makes intelligent decisions. I didn't like how it was shot with close,tight shots and some jarring back and forth, but I understood the reason for it. It was primarily shot on a handheld for this reason. It's pretty gory with one over-the-top kill and has some black humor that made me laugh. If you're looking for a home invasion movie, I can recommend this.
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Postby cwilkins88 » Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:40 am

Wounds (2019): I watched this movie because Arnie Hammer and Zazie Beetz. The movie starts with a bar fight, and after a broken bottle to the face, some kids run out of the bar and forgot their phone. The bartender (Arnie Hammer), gets the phone unlocked, and finds disturbing videos and photos on the phone. Turns into a slow decent into alcoholism and toxic relationships.

This movie ended up having no payoff at the end. It just kind of stopped on a weird scene and then was done. It was a bad ending.

However, Arnie and Zazie did so well, that I can say I still enjoyed the movie. 8/10 performance. 3/10 ending.

Return to “Movies”