Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Green Book - Viggo Mortensen, Mahershala Ali

Discuss your favorite movies
Blue Jackets
Top Contributor

Postby Blue Jackets » Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:23 am

A working-class Italian-American bouncer becomes the driver of an African-American classical pianist on a tour of venues through the 1960s American South.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkZxoko_HC0
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:03 am

Blue Jackets wrote:Source of the post A working-class Italian-American bouncer becomes the driver of an African-American classical pianist on a tour of venues through the 1960s American South.

I'm tired of Hollywood going back to this same well. When will a movie have an original idea for once?
wags83

Postby wags83 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:42 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post
Blue Jackets wrote:Source of the post A working-class Italian-American bouncer becomes the driver of an African-American classical pianist on a tour of venues through the 1960s American South.

I'm tired of Hollywood going back to this same well. When will a movie have an original idea for once?

Lol, that whole description sounds like some kind of weird game of Mad Libs.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:10 am

Good on them. I'll check this out when I can from the comfort of my own home. This doesn't seem like something that would benefit much from seeing in a large screen.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:27 pm

Tyler wrote:Source of the post This doesn't seem like something that would benefit much from seeing in a large screen.

I lied. Found a showing of it because I kept hearing how great it was. It's in the top 5 movies of 2018 for me. This movie should make a lot of noise in the Oscars, but I heard there is some drama with the story vs the true story that is discouraging people. I will look into that yesterday.

Before seeing this movie I joked how silly it was that it won for "Best Musical or Comedy" in the Golden Globes. It certainly isn't a comedy, but there are dozens of laugh out loud moments. It is downright hilarious at times, but always grounded in reality. The story was very good and they stuck the ending. Highly recommend. Extremely charming and still respects the serious subject.

Return to “Movies”