Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Free Guy - Ryan Reynolds starring in movie about a man who realizes he's a background character in a video game.

Discuss your favorite movies
Blue Jackets
Top Contributor

Free Guy - Ryan Reynolds starring in movie about a man who realizes he's a background character in a video game.

Postby Blue Jackets » Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:53 pm

Stranger Things' producer Shawn Levy to direct

Written by Matt Lieberman, the story centers on a background character who realizes he’s living in a video game. With the help of an avatar, he tries to prevent the makers of the game from shutting down his world.

The studio picked up the project as a spec script in 2016.

Reynolds and Levy would also produce, joining Greg Berlanti and Sarah Schechter as well as Adam Kolbrenner. Reynolds will produce via his Maximum Effort label while Levy will produce via 21 Laps.
Tyler
Owner

Re: Ryan Reynolds starring in movie about a man who realizes he's a background character in a video game.

Postby Tyler » Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:44 pm

This sounds right up all of our alley
wags83

Ryan Reynolds starring in movie about a man who realizes he's a background character in a video game.

Postby wags83 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:50 am

I'm intrigued by the premise. Sounds like it has potential.
bmyoungs

Ryan Reynolds starring in movie about a man who realizes he's a background character in a video game.

Postby bmyoungs » Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:10 am

I like this

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
DannyFanny
Top Contributor

Postby DannyFanny » Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:24 am

So this is kind of a mix between Groundhog's Day and the Truman Show add a touch of Wreck-it Ralph.
wags83

Postby wags83 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:01 pm

DannyFanny wrote:Source of the post So this is kind of a mix between Groundhog's Day and the Truman Show add a touch of Wreck-it Ralph.

An adult Wreck-It Ralph was my first thought too.

Return to “Movies”