Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Spider-Man: Far From Home

Discuss your favorite movies
wags83

Postby wags83 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:32 pm

Huss Buss wrote:Source of the post agreed, unless she can just remember it was only projection of images

Wow! Spoiler in a direct answer to the guy who's trying to avoid spoilers!
bmyoungs

Postby bmyoungs » Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:38 pm

wags83 wrote:
Huss Buss wrote:Source of the post agreed, unless she can just remember it was only projection of images

Does Tyler not know that movies are just a projection of images??

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
wags83

Postby wags83 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:40 pm

bmyoungs wrote:Source of the post
wags83 wrote:

Good save. Now I'm the spoilerer!
Huss Buss
Top Contributor

Postby Huss Buss » Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:42 pm

wags83 wrote:Source of the post
wags83 wrote:

wags83 wrote:Source of the post
wags83 wrote:

oh I spoiled it first
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:01 am

Now I don't know what to think! Her grandma said it would probably be fine and her younger cousin saw it. Hmm...

I'm going to have her and Jocelyn watch Homecoming this week regardless and go from there.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:49 am

We did it guys! We saw this before it left theaters. Took Evie and she liked it. I thought she would be scared during the hologram fights, but she wasn't. If anything, she was bored with the HS drama when Spider-Man wasn't on screen. It's cute how much she picks up on this movies. When Aunt May was on screen she told Jocelyn "his mom knows he is spider-man now". Referring to the end of Homecoming when Aunt May catches Peter.

The movie's tone was set so good right off the bat with that horrible in memoriam done by the students. The blurry pictures. The watermarks. Comic sans. It was perfect. In that same school news segment they set up the rules of the blip and then I was confused. People that blipped, aka went away for 5 years, didn't age. They came back exactly the same. Then how did the tall handsome Asian student grow? I didn't catch the lines that explained that. Happy also called his beard his "blip beard". Was he dusted? Did he grow it out while others were gone?

I didn't read spoilers, but of course Mysterio was bad. I thought he was using magic to make the monsters come and was fighting them to look like a hero. Drones creating them was also interesting, but not as much? If you have drones that can 100% be invisible, why ever been seen? Why not put that power in the spider suit? Also, Peter fought 938 drones and didn't get shot ever? It was badass though when he stops Mysterio from shooting him point blank. His peter tingle is very good.

"Suit is tight around my web shooter" WHAT?! DISNEY ALLOWED THIS LINE?!

Loved the illusion scenes. Made me think of the Arkham video games when Scarecrow poisons Batman. Very cool visuals.

I need to go read all of your comments now. I wanted to get mine out first. I hope someone talks about the Kree scene, because I missed that. Evie was ready to go.

Oh...didn't say how I liked the movie. It was good, but not as charming as Homecoming. 3 Marvel movies in 1 year is maybe too much too?
DannyFanny
Top Contributor

Postby DannyFanny » Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:35 pm

Tyler wrote:Source of the post Then how did the tall handsome Asian student grow? I didn't catch the lines that explained that. Happy also called his beard his "blip beard". Was he dusted? Did he grow it out while others were gone?

Tall, Handsome student didn't get dusted. There was a line about him being a little kid and look at him now. I don't think Happy got dusted either and grew a beard during that time.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:18 pm

DannyFanny wrote:Source of the post Tall, Handsome student didn't get dusted. There was a line about him being a little kid and look at him now.

So he would have been like 11 in the first movie, and not in their school at all. Okay. I was thinking we were suppose to remember him from the first one, but that's what was confusing me. If he was in school with them and didn't get dusted he would be 21 now, so why would he still be hanging out with them.
Tyler
Owner

Re: Spider-Man: Far From Home

Postby Tyler » Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:05 pm

2 things. Ned's girlfriend is the girl from the Miley episode of Black mirror. I couldn't place her and it was driving me nuts.

Second. I can't imagine Spidermans suit doesn't have some kind of camera. He could show his video of Mysterio being a real jerk and actually the bad guy.

Of course mine of this matters because we aren't getting any more movies.
Tyler
Owner

Re: Spider-Man: Far From Home

Postby Tyler » Sun Sep 29, 2019 1:15 pm

Pretty good idea actually.

cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Postby cwilkins88 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:55 pm

This movie was not great. I enjoyed it, but there was almost no attention to details in this. Sure it was funny, but pretty bad.

1) One broken drone breaks and it throws off the entire illusion. Mysterio SPECIFICALLY CALLS THIS OUT, but when spider-man kills 200 drones, it's okay, we'll just reset
2) They spent months prepping the bar scene to convince Peter. Months setting up the final elemental scene adjusting etc. But when they needed impromptu illusions to kill Spiderman or in the catwalk at the end - he was able to just do this all willy nilly.
3) This is more nitpicky than the first two, but why didn't Mysterio revoke Peter's access to the glasses as soon as he got them?
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:08 pm

cwilkins88 wrote:Source of the post 1) One broken drone breaks and it throws off the entire illusion. Mysterio SPECIFICALLY CALLS THIS OUT, but when spider-man kills 200 drones, it's okay, we'll just reset

At the carnival they were using the least number of drones possible to pull off the illusion. They learned from this and build in some overlap for the big trick.

cwilkins88 wrote:Source of the post 2) They spent months prepping the bar scene to convince Peter. Months setting up the final elemental scene adjusting etc. But when they needed impromptu illusions to kill Spiderman or in the catwalk at the end - he was able to just do this all willy nilly.

Machine learning

cwilkins88 wrote:Source of the post 3) This is more nitpicky than the first two, but why didn't Mysterio revoke Peter's access to the glasses as soon as he got them?

That's a good point. He is cocky and never thought Peter would get them back?

Return to “Movies”