Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Disney executive officially confirms Pirates of the Caribbean reboot without Johnny Depp

Discuss your favorite movies
Blue Jackets
Top Contributor

Disney executive officially confirms Pirates of the Caribbean reboot without Johnny Depp

Postby Blue Jackets » Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:43 pm

Link

The Pirates of the Caribbean franchise has been a hugely popular one over the years but with its lustre fading and the drawing ability of Johnny Depp also declining, Disney is reported to be rebooting the franchise without its main star.

This has now been confirmed by Disney film production chief, Sean Bailey in a recent interview with THR. Bailey also confirmed that Deadpool‘s Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick are working on the film and that he is confident the film will survive without Depp:

“We want to bring in a new energy and vitality. I love the [Pirates] movies, but part of the reason Paul and Rhett are so interesting is that we want to give it a kick in the pants. And that’s what I’ve tasked them with.”
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:34 pm

Depp IS Priates. Not sure the franchise will work without him. Disney has so many better properties they should be focusing on anyways. Leave this one alone for awhile before rebooting.
wags83

Postby wags83 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 5:18 pm

The last 2 or 3 of these have been bad.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:59 am

Ahhh...the real reason why they are dropping him. But to be fair, I bet his name alone brings in more than 90 million in ticket sales.

Return to “Movies”