Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Summer of 84

Discuss your favorite movies
Tyler
Owner

Summer of 84

Postby Tyler » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:44 pm

This movie was in the thread about movies you missed in 2018. It's on all VOD services now

About 30 mins in. It doesn't have the charm there Stranger Things has because the kids are perverted and inappropriate. Now that the plot is picking up I hope that shows down
Tyler
Owner

Re: Summer of 84

Postby Tyler » Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:18 pm

It got a little too spooooky for us. Our system is we mute the sound and I still watch and then explain to Jocelyn what is happening. Removing the sound makes it way less scary to me.
Tyler
Owner

Summer of 84

Postby Tyler » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:55 am

Movie was fine. It was basically The Goonies (or Stranger Things) mixed with Disturbia/Rear Window. People on r/horror really like it because of the ending, but there is a lot of 6/10 movie to get to the ending. Like I said, the boys constantly being perverted was a little much. Yes, boys will be boys, but not EVERY thing a boy talks about is b00bies and b@nging each others' moms.

This is 100% a Wilkins movie and probably a DannyFanny one too. Not sure if anyone else should bother.

Some spoilers
► Show Spoiler
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Summer of 84

Postby cwilkins88 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:40 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post Yes, boys will be boys, but not EVERY thing a boy talks about is b00bies and b@nging each others' moms.

Clearly you had a different childhood than I did. JK!

I did like this movie a lot, it's not really a horror, except for the last 20 minutes or whatever. Movie was pretty predictable, but I liked the vibe a lot throughout. Disturbia is a good comparison to this. It tries to cash in on the Goonies/Stranger things theme pretty hard, and you can tell it basically used a cookie cutter script for it, but I still liked. 6.5/10 probs.

Return to “Movies”