Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Leaving Neverland

Discuss your favorite movies
Blue Jackets
Top Contributor

Leaving Neverland

Postby Blue Jackets » Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:16 am

Part 1 was on Sunday night on HBO.

At the height of his stardom, Michael Jackson began long-running relationships with two boys, aged 7 and 10, and their families. Now in their 30s, they tell the story of how they were sexually abused by Jackson.

Michael Jackson Estate Drops Concert Film on YouTube During ‘Leaving Neverland’ Premiere. Will be available for a “limited time.” At two hours and 20 minutes long, it’s the same length as the first part of “Leaving Neverland.”
wags83

Leaving Neverland

Postby wags83 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:00 am

I saw this was billed as "The Michael Jackson documentary that his estate doesn't want you to see!"

Anyone watch? I wanted to watch after I heard about it, but I forgot about it.
Tyler
Owner

Leaving Neverland

Postby Tyler » Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:10 am

I haven't seen, but I might check it out. I heard HBO is/will? get in a lot of trouble from his estate. Looks like some child celebrities, like Corey Feldman are speaking out against HBO and saying it isn't true.
Blue Jackets
Top Contributor

Leaving Neverland

Postby Blue Jackets » Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:21 am

‘Leaving Neverland’ premiere is HBO’s third most-watched doc in a decade, at 1.3 million viewers.
The 1.3 million is just for the linear TV watchers on Sunday night, according to Nielsen. The two-hour premiere — Part 2 aired on Monday — was behind only “Going Clear” (1.7 million) and “Bright Lights” (1.6 million). Across all on-demand and digital platforms, “Leaving Neverland” is up to 1.7 million viewers.
Tyler
Owner

Leaving Neverland

Postby Tyler » Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:29 am

I want to watch this over the weekend, but it is 4 hours total? That's a long watch. I guess that is why there are 2 parts.

Return to “Movies”