Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

What's the most hyperbolic statement you can make about a movie, good or bad and be willing to stand by it?

Discuss your favorite movies
Blue Jackets
Top Contributor

What's the most hyperbolic statement you can make about a movie, good or bad and be willing to stand by it?

Postby Blue Jackets » Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:33 am

Stealing this from Reddit. Some of these are easy to partially agree with.

Anyone want to make their own?

From the thread:
The Lord of the Rings is the best work of fantasy ever produced for a visual medium.

Daniel Day-Lewis’ Abraham Lincoln is the best portrayal of a real-life individual ever.

No biopic has ever hated its own subject more than Bohemian Rhapsody loathed Freddie Mercury

Black Panther did not deserve any oscar nominations.

Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl is an absolute classic and deserves to be remembered forever.

The new Lion King remake is the antithesis of creativity, and the fact that it'll probably be one of the highest-grossing movies of all time is the epitome of lame.

The Fifth Element is simultaneously the best movie I've ever seen and the dumbest movie I've ever seen. It should have been a series that made billions of dollars.

Oh Brother Where Art Thou is a perfect movie

War of the worlds 2005 is top 10 Spielberg.

Speed Racer is the best Anime adaptation and top 10 family movie ever made.

Moneyball is the best sports movie of the 21st century so far

"The Emperor's New Groove" is the funniest Disney film ever.

Dunkirk will be almost completely forgotten about in 25 years by non-British film lovers and will be relegated to a minor work, at best.

Terminator 2 is the best action movie of all time. Yes better than Mad Max Fury Road. Yes better than Jurassic Park. Yes better than Die Hard or Die Hard 3.

Hot Fuzz is by far the most rewatchable movie ever made.

Alien is easily the greatest science fiction movie of all time and it will never be topped.

Zack Snyder is an incredible visual storyteller....he just needs help with the narrative part.
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Postby cwilkins88 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:11 am

Blue Jackets wrote:Source of the post Hot Fuzz is by far the most rewatchable movie ever made.

Nope.

Blue Jackets wrote:Source of the post Speed Racer is the best Anime adaptation and top 10 family movie ever made.

Ive never seen this, but there is no way this can be true.
Blue Jackets wrote:Source of the post Moneyball is the best sports movie of the 21st century so far

Agreed, but mostly because I didn't have to watch sports.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:16 am

Into the Spider-verse is the best Spiderman movie to ever be on the big screen (I don't actually know if I believe that, but it was one that came to my mind).
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Postby cwilkins88 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:18 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post Into the Spider-verse is the best Spiderman movie to ever be on the big screen (I don't actually know if I believe that, but it was one that came to my mind).

I think you're shorting it. I think it's the best spider-man movie. period.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:53 am

cwilkins88 wrote:Source of the post I think you're shorting it. I think it's the best spider-man movie. period.

Can you name a single Spider-man movie that wasnt on the big screen? Obviously the made for TV movies aren't going to be good
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Postby cwilkins88 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:59 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post
cwilkins88 wrote:Source of the post I think you're shorting it. I think it's the best spider-man movie. period.

Can you name a single Spider-man movie that wasnt on the big screen? Obviously the made for TV movies aren't going to be good

TrueTruetruetrue. There are some rando old Marvel Cartoons, but you're right, most of them make the big screen.

Return to “Movies”