Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Parasite - Korean drama/mystery

Discuss your favorite movies
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:53 am

This won at the Golden Globes last night. I'll check it out in a week when it comes to Amazon streaming. From the guy who did Snowpiercer

All unemployed, Ki-taek and his family take peculiar interest in the wealthy and glamorous Parks, as they ingratiate themselves into their lives and get entangled in an unexpected incident.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isOGD_7hNIY
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:24 am

I assume this will just be remake with native English speakers. That would be lame if that is all they do with it.
Blue Jackets
Top Contributor

Postby Blue Jackets » Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:55 am

Bong Joon-Ho Discusses The 'Parasite' HBO Series & Says It'll Feature "Many More Ideas" That Didn't Fit In The Film
https://theplaylist.net/bong-joon-ho-pa ... -20200113/
Tyler
Owner

Re: Parasite - Korean drama/mystery

Postby Tyler » Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:37 pm

This came back to the indie theater in town. Wilkins took me on a date earlier tonight. First foreign film I've ever seen in theaters.

This movie was really good. I loved it. I think most of that is the hype that was built around it, but it was such a fun ride. I knew almost nothing going into it so I was constantly being surprised by the movie.

It's not #1 of the year for me, but it's going in the top 10. I have more to say but I don't want to spoil a thing unless Wilkins wants to talk more.
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Postby cwilkins88 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:13 pm

My favorite part was how much of a gentleman Tyler was. He wasn't too forward and he held all the doors open to me.

Movie was good, simple plot in terms of everything was a Deus Ex Machina - everything just kind of worked out until the very end when shit just went crazy.

A lot of this movie didn't make any sense, such as him hiding at the end. Like ...just go somewhere else man.

Return to “Movies”