Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Swingers (1996)

Discuss your favorite movies
Tyler
Owner

Swingers (1996)

Postby Tyler » Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:34 pm

This was an answer in Sporcle virtual trivia the other day. Jocelyn and I had never seen it so we watched it the next day.

John Favreau written (I thought directed, but I was wrong).
Vince Vaughn, Ron Livingston, and Favreau are the main cast.

I must say the story was way different than I thought. I was picturing sex swingers, but the title actually references swing dancing.
The movie mostly follows Favreau's character who just moved from NYC to LA to become an actor and struggling with the girlfriend he dumped and left behind. Not everything in the movie has aged very well PC wise, but the friendship between the 3 main characters and how they build each other up is great.

Worth a watch to see how these guys got their start.

The movie is loosely based on the experiences writer Jon Favreau had when he first moved to Los Angeles. He had just broken up with a long term girlfriend and counted on his friends Vince Vaughn and Ron Livingston to cheer him up. The characters they play in the film are based on themselves.
DannyFanny
Top Contributor

Swingers (1996)

Postby DannyFanny » Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:25 pm

It's been a while since I've seen this. Probably around the time I started realizing who Jon Favreau was, 2012-ish?
Tyler
Owner

Swingers (1996)

Postby Tyler » Sun Nov 28, 2021 12:33 pm

DannyFanny wrote:Source of the post It's been a while since I've seen this. Probably around the time I started realizing who Jon Favreau was, 2012-ish?

Iron Man was 2008. That was the first time Favreau became a household name for me.

Return to “Movies”