Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Question of the Day

Talk about anything.
Erin

Question of the Day

Postby Erin » Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:19 am

I've been that person to throw away Fran's poop in a garbage can awaiting pickup. I'll wait til the park where there are bins on the trail or we get home if all bins have been emptied already, though. I feel like I'd do the same with a bottle.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Blue Jackets
Top Contributor

Question of the Day

Postby Blue Jackets » Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:37 am

What was your favorite toy growing up?
NES for me in 1985-86

Non-electrical toy - GI Joe
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Question of the Day

Postby cwilkins88 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:54 am

My gameboy was probably my favorite. Otherwise my micro machines and random Lego mixed creations
Blue Jackets wrote:What was your favorite toy growing up?
NES for me in 1985-86

Non-electrical toy - GI Joe

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Tyler
Owner

Re: Question of the Day

Postby Tyler » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:26 am

I was 12 when we got our PS2. That was going to be my answer, but that seems too old for childhood.

Lego and K'Nex probably. I remember many Christmas morning getting up at the crack of dawn and building all the kits I got the night before.

My grandma had a NES that I remember loving. She had the track and field floor mat button controller.
wags83

Question of the Day

Postby wags83 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:01 am

Beast Wars transformers. I collected so many of them but there were so many more I wanted. I would spend hours playing, no, battling with them.
DannyFanny
Top Contributor

Question of the Day

Postby DannyFanny » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:30 am

I spent a lot of time playing Gameboy as a child. Mostly Pokemon and Legend of Zelda games.
Lego was another toy that got a lot of use.
Blue Jackets
Top Contributor

Question of the Day

Postby Blue Jackets » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:01 am

What are 3 things you remember about kindergarten?

1. Nap time in school and hating it.
2. Learning the pledge of allegiance
3. My teacher's name
Tyler
Owner

Re: RE: Question of the Day

Postby Tyler » Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:06 am

Blue Jackets wrote:What are 3 things you remember about kindergarten?

1. Nap time in school and hating it.
2. Learning the pledge of allegiance
3. My teacher's name
I'm cheating. I took 2 years of kindergarten so I was older and easier to remember things.

1. My parents coming to help at the Halloween party. One of the kids there up after my dad was showing off the pumpkin insides.

2. Being the fastest milk drinker. I would get mine last and finish first #beatmode

3. Being a little turd. Kid one day showed a drawing he did for show and tell and how he wants to get it as a tattoo when he is older. My "tell" the following day was how tattoos use needles and are very painful.
Bonus: I still remember the picture. It was the logo from Biker Mice, a cartoon that no one remembers
wags83

Question of the Day

Postby wags83 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:40 am

1. My teacher's name
2. Hating my teacher because she was giving out pencils and wouldn't let me take a hot pink one because that color "was for the girls"
3. These little block toys we had in the classroom that interlocked and were fun to play with because you could make transformer-like robots with them.
DannyFanny
Top Contributor

Question of the Day

Postby DannyFanny » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:42 am

1) My teacher's name, then much later in life getting drunk and talking to her at wedding.
2) A big block of like zippers, shoestrings, and buttons. It was used to teach kids how to use those things. I remember tying the shoestring one day but don't remember ever being taught how to tie shoes.
3) My first crush
Erin

Question of the Day

Postby Erin » Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:47 pm

1. My teacher's name
2. Sitting in a circle that had letters of the alphabet as our "place" (I sat on G)
3. Meeting Sara and Steph during playtime- still some of my best friends today

GreasyGreg

Question of the Day

Postby GreasyGreg » Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:22 pm

1. Learning what a flying squirrel is during a project on the rain forest.
2. The 100th day of school being really important for some reason.
3. Being taught stop, drop, and roll by actual firemen and being amazed that people that cool would come and talk to us.
JocelynJane

Question of the Day

Postby JocelynJane » Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:29 pm

1. My teacher. And also the other kindergarten teacher who was really mean and scary... I'm sure my mom pulled her teacher strings to ensure I wasn't in that class.

2. Crying everyday because I missed my mom... Even though she taught first grade two doors down. (The guidance counselor gave me a special little Care Bear toy to hold while I repeated "My mommy will be back" over and over.) I was fun. Definitely not anxious.

3. The girl next to me puking chocolate milk all over me and the table we were sitting at. Still can't drink chocolate milk to this day.

So, you know, basically the traumatizing stuff.

Bonus: those blow up alphabet letter people.

Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:31 pm

We had the blow up alphabet people too!

These are fun to read. Memories are weird.
Blue Jackets
Top Contributor

Question of the Day

Postby Blue Jackets » Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:35 am

What’s your most embarrassing childhood memory?
Everyone has a story of falling down the bleachers at a busy game.
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Question of the Day

Postby cwilkins88 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:00 am

Blue Jackets wrote:Source of the post What’s your most embarrassing childhood memory?
Everyone has a story of falling down the bleachers at a busy game.

Let me tell you about mine.

I was at a game in high school, and my buddy Joe, thought it'd be hilarious to just turn around and push me over. So he did, and my leg hit the bleacher, and my first thought was "man, this really hurts!", so I had a little limp and asked him and another friend of mine to help walk me to the nurse's station, just so I could sit and get some water.

Nurse told me to wait a minute, if I wasn't in that much pain, to just live with it until she finished up some other shit. Lifted up my jeans and was like, man there is more blood here than I realized. Blotted it with toilet paper, and there is just a giant gouge in my leg. About 6 inches long, right along the shin.

The nurse goes "oh jesus!" and says, you have to get him to the hospital. Now, my grandma and her twin sister, used to work the football games in high school/middle school. They are twin sisters who took the same job, except at different schools. I was with my aunt that weekend and she goes "hold on, there is an hour left in the game" The nurse tried telling her I needed to go now, and she just told me to walk it off.

The game ends and I'm like I really need to go. She goes jeez, you have been complaining all night! I lift up my jeans, and she also does the "holy shit" number, and drives me immediately to the hospital, apologizing the whole way.

I got like 13 stitches and still have a huge ass scar there.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:08 am

Lol at wilkins family not caring about his well being at all. Should have shown her the cut right away.

Nothing is really coming to mind. I'm always embarrassing myself and don't mind being the butt of a joke if it's not cruel.

Ohh. In HS I was up for home coming King and they did an interview with everyone on the court. IDK why, but I introduced myself as "Tyler Gay" (instead of Glass). I quickly corrected it, but when they showed the video to the entire school they didn't put in the part where I corrected myself.
But even with that, I laughed at myself as much as anyone was laughing at me.
megatron

Question of the Day

Postby megatron » Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:54 pm

Tyler wrote:Lol at wilkins family not caring about his well being at all. Should have shown her the cut right away.

Nothing is really coming to mind. I'm always embarrassing myself and don't mind being the butt of a joke if it's not cruel.

Ohh. In HS I was up for home coming King and they did an interview with everyone on the court. IDK why, but I introduced myself as "Tyler Gay" (instead of Glass). I quickly corrected it, but when they showed the video to the entire school they didn't put in the part where I corrected myself.
But even with that, I laughed at myself as much as anyone was laughing at me.
Lolzing so hard at work right now

Erin

Question of the Day

Postby Erin » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:01 pm

Haha those are both great!

I'm sure there's a ton, but one that comes to mind is during the all-conference competition for dance team. During our high kick performance I felt like my nose was constantly running. I tried to be discreet and wipe the snot away that I felt dripping down my face (desperate times)...only to see blood on the back of my hand. Unfortunately it was just the start of the routine so I had this gushing bloody nose for the entire set. Since it was a bigger competition, pro photographers were there and all TV's had their photos looped. Luckily it wasn't a lot of people I knew, just a lot of people that saw my bloody face all day.

Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:26 pm

That's awful Erin. Hahaha. I went to see some pics!

Return to “Off Topic”