Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Nice weather and biking

Talk about anything.
Tyler
Owner

Re: Nice weather and biking

Postby Tyler » Sat Mar 13, 2021 11:11 pm

I bought 2 rear kickstands. There is probably a reason higher end bikes don't come with them and people don't get them, but I want it! Always thought it was weird when you go to a bar align a bike trail and there are 50 bikes leaning against things
Tyler
Owner

Nice weather and biking

Postby Tyler » Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:45 am

Idk why I looked, but this looks pretty good for $450 if anyone needs a bike and is desperate.
My bike doesn't have disc brakes and Jocelyn's does! Not fair. I need that stopping power for when I have the kids pulled behind me, but yolo I guess.

Kind of want to get this for Jocelyn to pull Evie's bike
https://www.amazon.com/Trail-Gator-Chil ... 173&sr=1-2

Saturday is the next nice day for us. 60 degrees and sunny. I am going to set up the bike rack and we are going to go find some trails on the other side of town.
DannyFanny
Top Contributor

Nice weather and biking

Postby DannyFanny » Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:09 am

I suggest the High Trestle Trail Bridge just outside of Madrid. It's about a mile from the parking lot to the bridge. Make sure you search for the Bridge parking when looking this trail up because the whole trail is roughly 25 miles. If you go at closer to dusk, there are lights on the bridge that make it look pretty, but you would need lights on your bikes because the trail isn't lit.
Tyler
Owner

Nice weather and biking

Postby Tyler » Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:29 am

DannyFanny wrote:Source of the post I suggest the High Trestle Trail Bridge just outside of Madrid. It's about a mile from the parking lot to the bridge. Make sure you search for the Bridge parking when looking this trail up because the whole trail is roughly 25 miles. If you go at closer to dusk, there are lights on the bridge that make it look pretty, but you would need lights on your bikes because the trail isn't lit.

For sure on our list. We lived pretty close to it when we lived in Northern Ankeny, but never went. My dad always wanted to drive out there but we never made time for it. He will be so jealous when we go without him.
Tyler
Owner

Re: Nice weather and biking

Postby Tyler » Mon Mar 22, 2021 6:56 pm

It was nice this weekend and windy. My mom and Jocelyn's mom said it was too windy for biking, but we didn't listen. It was too windy for biking. Lol. It was nice when it was at your back, but I had to hop off and walk the kids up an especially steep hill with the wind coming at us head on.

Regardless. We are glad we went out and looking forward to the next one.

Return to “Off Topic”