Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Cutting the cord

Talk about anything.
bmyoungs

Cutting the cord

Postby bmyoungs » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:01 pm

Tyler wrote:$10. Unless she has premium family at $15, but that doesn't work with this deal.
So what you're saying is this deal kinda sucks

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
wags83

Cutting the cord

Postby wags83 » Tue May 08, 2018 7:12 am

Can't wait to cut the cord in a few months.
Tyler
Owner

Cutting the cord

Postby Tyler » Tue May 08, 2018 7:13 am

wags83 wrote:Source of the post Can't wait to cut the cord in a few months.

Is that when your contract is up? How much does it cost to cancel early? I saved money a few years ago by paying the $XXX to cancel early vs keeping my account open for another 4 months.
wags83

Cutting the cord

Postby wags83 » Tue May 08, 2018 7:19 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post

Is that when your contract is up? How much does it cost to cancel early? I saved money a few years ago by paying the $XXX to cancel early vs keeping my account open for another 4 months.

Yeah it's up in September I believe. It's not necessarily about saving money from what I pay now, it's more preventing the skyrocketing price once the contract is over. If I could get the exact same deal I have now, I would keep it. But I don't think it exists anymore.

My biggest concern is what the price of internet only will be. They will for sure try to screw me on that when I cancel the TV part.
bmyoungs

Cutting the cord

Postby bmyoungs » Tue May 08, 2018 7:22 am

wags83 wrote:

Yeah it's up in September I believe. It's not necessarily about saving money from what I pay now, it's more preventing the skyrocketing price once the contract is over. If I could get the exact same deal I have now, I would keep it. But I don't think it exists anymore.

My biggest concern is what the price of internet only will be. They will for sure try to screw me on that when I cancel the TV part.
That's when you have Erin sign up as a new customer to get the new customer pricing

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Corey
Site Admin

Cutting the cord

Postby Corey » Tue May 08, 2018 7:22 am

wags83 wrote:Source of the post

I'm paying $70/month for 250 down so its not the worst thing in the entire world. I was paying $50 for it for the first year but haven't called to try to lower it. Looking at new customer pricing, it isn't that much lower unless I'd take a speed decrease.
wags83

Cutting the cord

Postby wags83 » Tue May 08, 2018 7:23 am

bmyoungs wrote:Source of the post That's when you have Erin sign up as a new customer to get the new customer pricing

Yep.
Tyler
Owner

Cutting the cord

Postby Tyler » Tue May 08, 2018 7:25 am

bmyoungs wrote:Source of the post That's when you have Erin sign up as a new customer to get the new customer pricing

Actually a smart idea, and usually if you don't have service for 18-24 months you can come back as a new customer, so just keep flip flopping
Corey wrote:Source of the post I'm paying $70/month for 250 down so its not the worst thing in the entire world.

That's really reasonable for our area. I know some larger cities would laugh at that, but that is comparable to what I pay, but I think I get better upload.
wags83

Cutting the cord

Postby wags83 » Tue May 08, 2018 7:50 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post Actually a smart idea, and usually if you don't have service for 18-24 months you can come back as a new customer, so just keep flip flopping

Yep. While working at Comcast, this was the hardest thing to try to talk people out of. In reality, it's the best move since even the "retention" deals aren't quite as good as the new customer deals. The only argument we had was "Well it's going to be such a hassle to get a new account connected blah blah blah."

Technically I don't think we were supposed to allow it if we notice a trend of back and forth customers, but no sales person is going to say no to a new connect sale. The worst was when some sales person would sell a new deal to one spouse and then tell the other to call and cancel so that the sales person gets credit for the new connect and I would get dinged for a disconnect.
Tyler
Owner

Re: Cutting the cord

Postby Tyler » Tue May 08, 2018 8:10 am

That whole industry sounds so sketchy. Like when my parents tried cancelling their phone, no one would actually do it because they didn't want the bad stat. There needs to be a better method for the workers, plus it would make everyone less pushy.
wags83

Cutting the cord

Postby wags83 » Tue May 08, 2018 8:14 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post That whole industry sounds so sketchy. Like when my parents tried cancelling their phone, no one would actually do it because they didn't want the bad stat. There needs to be a better method for the workers, plus it would make everyone less pushy.

Yeah. That's the entire reason telecom companies have notoriously bad customer service. If a Comcast employee were to be super nice and give every customer whatever they wanted, they would make no money and eventually be fired. Which sucks and shouldn't be the way it works.

Return to “Off Topic”