Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Internet and Pricing

Talk about anything.
User avatar
Tyler
Owner
Posts: 28362
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:19 am
Location: Des Moines, IA
Contact:

Internet and Pricing

Postby Tyler » Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:07 pm

I went from $55/month for 15mb down/2mb up to
$15/month 50mb/5mb

After one year the lady said it will go up to $25/month. I am okay with that.
I know it's not the fastest speed, but I am glad I made the call for sure
User avatar
DannyFanny
Top Contributor
Posts: 3283
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:01 pm
Contact:

Re: Internet and Pricing

Postby DannyFanny » Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:51 pm

We deal with subpar internet because Adam doesn't want mediacom.
User avatar
Corey
Site Admin
Posts: 1676
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:09 am
Contact:

Re: Internet and Pricing

Postby Corey » Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:15 pm

$25/month for your internet?!
User avatar
Tyler
Owner
Posts: 28362
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:19 am
Location: Des Moines, IA
Contact:

Re: Internet and Pricing

Postby Tyler » Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:30 pm

Corey wrote:$25/month for your internet?!

Yep. She said its $15 for the first year and will go up $10 after that. Even if it went back to $50 I would be okay since we are getting so much more now.

Cap went from 250 to 350gb too
User avatar
wags83
Moderator
Posts: 10925
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:05 pm
Location: Golden Valley, MN
Contact:

Re: Internet and Pricing

Postby wags83 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:34 pm

I get 50 down 10 up fo free.
User avatar
Corey
Site Admin
Posts: 1676
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:09 am
Contact:

Re: Internet and Pricing

Postby Corey » Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:37 pm

Crazy. Way cheaper than Mediacom says it is on their website
User avatar
Corey
Site Admin
Posts: 1676
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:09 am
Contact:

Re: Internet and Pricing

Postby Corey » Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:40 pm

We pay $87/month for a decent cable TV package, 50down/10up internet, and unlimited phone calls (which we don't use).
User avatar
Tyler
Owner
Posts: 28362
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:19 am
Location: Des Moines, IA
Contact:

Re: Internet and Pricing

Postby Tyler » Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:58 pm

Corey wrote:Crazy. Way cheaper than Mediacom says it is on their website

Right, the $15/month deal is only for existing customers who are upgrading to that package. You have to get a quote as an existing customer, not new. I am glad I was randomly looking at the website because it wasn't communicated to me in any way.
User avatar
Corey
Site Admin
Posts: 1676
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:09 am
Contact:

Re: Internet and Pricing

Postby Corey » Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:36 pm

Tyler wrote:
Corey wrote:Crazy. Way cheaper than Mediacom says it is on their website

Right, the $15/month deal is only for existing customers who are upgrading to that package. You have to get a quote as an existing customer, not new. I am glad I was randomly looking at the website because it wasn't communicated to me in any way.

Have you ran a speed test on it yet?!
User avatar
Tyler
Owner
Posts: 28362
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:19 am
Location: Des Moines, IA
Contact:

Re: Internet and Pricing

Postby Tyler » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:37 pm

Last I checked it was 30mbs but it also said my limit was still 250gb so it's not fully on yet. She said it may take 24 hours
User avatar
bmyoungs
Moderator
Posts: 4386
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:20 pm
Contact:

Re: Internet and Pricing

Postby bmyoungs » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:44 pm

Our only option is time Warner (Comcast I guess soon) it sucks so much balls. We pay $40 for 15/1 but we have to fight them every year because they bump the price up to $60 since we are on a promotional plan. Our only other option is the local phone company but they only have speeds up to 5/1 for $20.

I'd love to have a decent option like you all have.
User avatar
Tyler
Owner
Posts: 28362
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:19 am
Location: Des Moines, IA
Contact:

Re: Internet and Pricing

Postby Tyler » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:21 pm

bmyoungs wrote:Our only option is time Warner (Comcast I guess soon) it sucks so much balls. We pay $40 for 15/1 but we have to fight them every year because they bump the price up to $60 since we are on a promotional plan. Our only other option is the local phone company but they only have speeds up to 5/1 for $20.

I'd love to have a decent option like you all have.

Only option in Ankeny is Mediacom or CenturyLink (Qwest). CenturyLink is like 1.5 download, it's absolutely horrible.
User avatar
wags83
Moderator
Posts: 10925
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:05 pm
Location: Golden Valley, MN
Contact:

Re: Internet and Pricing

Postby wags83 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:43 pm

bmyoungs wrote:Our only option is time Warner (Comcast I guess soon) it sucks so much balls. We pay $40 for 15/1 but we have to fight them every year because they bump the price up to $60 since we are on a promotional plan. Our only other option is the local phone company but they only have speeds up to 5/1 for $20.

I'd love to have a decent option like you all have.

I've been wondering how comcast is going to handle that takeover. Everyone says time warner service is shit and I know they have taken over time warner areas in the past and had to rebuild a lot of their existing infrastructure. I feel like it's going to be a ton of work.
User avatar
pclaar
Posts: 42
Joined: Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:40 am
Contact:

Re: Internet and Pricing

Postby pclaar » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:47 pm

Time warner was the main company in Lincoln when I was in school. If I remember right it was around 140-150 a month for a basic cable and internet package.. Outrageous!
User avatar
Tyler
Owner
Posts: 28362
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:19 am
Location: Des Moines, IA
Contact:

Re: Internet and Pricing

Postby Tyler » Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:40 am

pclaar wrote:Time warner was the main company in Lincoln when I was in school. If I remember right it was around 140-150 a month for a basic cable and internet package.. Outrageous!

Basic cable? That is super pricey. We were paying $90 for DirecTV (second tier package) and $50 for internet a couple months ago. I've since gotten DirecTV to lower my price and I went down a package. Once our contract is up with DTV (in a year) we will be dropping them.
User avatar
Tyler
Owner
Posts: 28362
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:19 am
Location: Des Moines, IA
Contact:

Re: Internet and Pricing

Postby Tyler » Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:41 pm

Getting half of what I should. Talked to customer service and they said my cap doesn't go into affect until next billing cycle? That is half a month away. I may need to contact them again about the speed
Image
User avatar
bmyoungs
Moderator
Posts: 4386
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:20 pm
Contact:

Re: Internet and Pricing

Postby bmyoungs » Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:40 pm

Tyler wrote:Getting half of what I should. Talked to customer service and they said my cap doesn't go into affect until next billing cycle? That is half a month away. I may need to contact them again about the speed
Image


Quit your bitching. We pay double and get half.

Image
User avatar
Tyler
Owner
Posts: 28362
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:19 am
Location: Des Moines, IA
Contact:

Re: Internet and Pricing

Postby Tyler » Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:18 pm

Lol. Nice D+. But really, 15mbs is high enough for streaming and downloading. Do you feel like it's limiting you in anything?
User avatar
bmyoungs
Moderator
Posts: 4386
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:20 pm
Contact:

Re: Internet and Pricing

Postby bmyoungs » Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:37 pm

Tyler wrote:Lol. Nice D+. But really, 15mbs is high enough for streaming and downloading. Do you feel like it's limiting you in anything?


Its fine when it works which is what makes me more upset than anything. Its not consistent at all with speed. Almost any time I try to stream ESPN I get cut off completely as if we didn't have internet but then everything else will work just fine.
User avatar
Tyler
Owner
Posts: 28362
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:19 am
Location: Des Moines, IA
Contact:

Re: Internet and Pricing

Postby Tyler » Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:24 pm

One week later, 3 phone calls, and 3 chats
Image

99% chance that they do not bill me $15/month and I need to call again.

Return to “Off Topic”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests