Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Internet and Pricing

Talk about anything.
Tyler
Owner

Re: Internet and Pricing

Postby Tyler » Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:32 am

Totally understand everyone's complaints about mediacom customer service. Bill should be $15 but it's $90. Call them to explain I did the $15 promotion to upgrade my account since I was an existing customer and they said that promotion doesn't exist. Luckily I took a screen shot of it because I knew this would happen. Every person I talk to claims they left notes on my account so there was no confusion later, are they lying or does no one read the notes? And what in the world did the first 3 people do that i contacted? They all assured me they my bill would be $15
Corey
Site Admin

Postby Corey » Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:35 am

That did seem like an unrealistic deal :oops:
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:59 am

Corey wrote:That did seem like an unrealistic deal :oops:

It's still on their website! People on the phone don't even know the deals they are offering.
Corey
Site Admin

Postby Corey » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:11 am

Tyler wrote:
Corey wrote:That did seem like an unrealistic deal :oops:

It's still on their website! People on the phone don't even know the deals they are offering.

Screenshots!
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:44 am

Took screenshots last week and said I can email them if they need it.
wags83

Postby wags83 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:16 pm

But is it for current customers who already have Internet? I always get calls of people complaining about deals they see online like that but most of the time "for current customers" means "for customers who already have cable and are adding Internet for the first time". I know it's dumb.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:15 pm

This deal was for customers who had x internet package and were going to y internet package, which is what I did.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:20 pm

wags83 wrote:But is it for current customers who already have Internet? I always get calls of people complaining about deals they see online like that but most of the time "for current customers" means "for customers who already have cable and are adding Internet for the first time". I know it's dumb.

I hate them. They are saying had I read the fine print I would have seen it's only when adding internet. I was told by 3 different people I qualify! This is so frustrating, why would I read the terms and conditions if I was told 3 different times it would be $15. I'm standing my ground
DannyFanny
Top Contributor

Postby DannyFanny » Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:59 pm

Why can't companies come out front and say that instead of hiding it in the fine print.
awright

Internet and Pricing

Postby awright » Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:02 pm

Refer them to those who told you before....they should have calls recorded maybe?

Remember to always start out pleasant and never lose control of the conversation with them. You don't have to get angry without anyone to make a point; the key is to never lose being nice to the person and becoming the dick about the way you were treated. Maybe mention to them you will be recording future calls yourself like that comcast guy if they are going to make promises to you on the phone that they can't keep. At the least you shouldn't have to pay that much more for this month and go back to your old service.

I'm angry...I want to conference call them with you! They can argue its your fault for not checking fine print but so are they..clearly didn't provide necessary treatment to those who approved the upgrade and those who had no idea they even existed when you sought help.
Tyler
Owner

Internet and Pricing

Postby Tyler » Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:20 pm

I'm trying not to be a dick. I said in the email I know it's not his fault but I would really appreciate him helping me to resolve this discrepancy

And I also mentioned chat logs and phone calls
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:24 pm

I lost. Their response to multiple people telling me wrong and to pull the chats/calls is that they need to train better. Ending up with 50/Mbps for the same price I'm paying now. But it's a "promotion price" so I imagine in a year I get to battle all over again
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:06 pm

Talking to them now, I guess they have been billing us for internet and phone...we don't even have a phone line hooked up. I never would have been paying for that if I knew, but I don't remember it ever being on the bill. Got transferred to someone who was suppose to be able to take my phone off but it was the wrong department and he's not able to transfer me to the department I need so I get to start all over later.

If I can walk away paying $50/month I'll be happy and never complain again, this is horrible
wags83

Postby wags83 » Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:45 am

Wow
awright

Postby awright » Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:23 am

You should check your bills. If they've been charging you for phone service, and it's not listed, you should be eligible for a refund. Well, unless it was part of a package.

So glad to have the simplicity of CFU in CF
bmyoungs

Postby bmyoungs » Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:19 pm

That's all kinds of bs
Sent from my Lumia Icon using Tapatalk
Corey
Site Admin

Postby Corey » Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:53 pm

What can you do about it? They are the only game in town

Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:14 am

me: can I have the phone line taken off, i dont need a phone
mediacom: but if you do you wont be qualified for the promotion
me: what will my bill be without phone?
mediacom: $55
me: and with the phone/promotion?
mediacom: $88

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

My bill will now be $60/month for just the fast internet. I have in an email it should be $50. Not sure if its worth fighting anymore or not. Dumbest thing, this month will be $71 because I have phone on there for 2 days. I questioned why it would cost $11 to have 2 days worth of phone and she couldnt answer me.
bmyoungs

Postby bmyoungs » Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:26 am

Tyler wrote:me: can I have the phone line taken off, i dont need a phone
mediacom: but if you do you wont be qualified for the promotion
me: what will my bill be without phone?
mediacom: $55
me: and with the phone/promotion?
mediacom: $88

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

My bill will now be $60/month for just the fast internet. I have in an email it should be $50. Not sure if its worth fighting anymore or not. Dumbest thing, this month will be $71 because I have phone on there for 2 days. I questioned why it would cost $11 to have 2 days worth of phone and she couldnt answer me.

Y u no want promotion??
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:00 pm

I think I've had my first honest call with mediacom. They are running a deal for new contracts that I wanted to qualify for since I've technically never been on a contract. Lady told me I can't get on a contract and there is no deal for me.

Someone at work told me to call their retention number. I did that, explained I am over paying and want on a contract. On one now for $40/month compared to $65 that I was paying. Keeping 50mb speeds and 350gb cap.

Return to “Off Topic”