Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Serial podcast

Talk about anything.
Tyler
Owner

Serial podcast

Postby Tyler » Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:48 pm

Coworker listens to this and a lot of other podcasts have been mentioned it, suppose to be the best thing to listen to ever.

It's a true story of people looking into a murder from 15 years ago.

Adnan’s trial lawyer was M. Cristina Gutierrez, a renowned defense attorney in Maryland – tough and savvy and smart. Other lawyers said she was exactly the kind of person you’d want defending you on a first-degree murder charge. But Adnan was convicted, and a year later, Gutierrez was disbarred. What happened?

http://serialpodcast.org/
Tyler
Owner

Re: Serial podcast

Postby Tyler » Sun Dec 28, 2014 4:51 pm

We've listened to 8/12. The case is really interesting. 75% of the time I think the kid (now adult) is innocent and was wrongfully accused, but other times I think he did actually murder his ex-girlfriend
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:39 am

Jay, the kid who accused his friend of being the murder and claims he was there gave an interview yesterday. He didn't really cooperate with the podcast

https://firstlook.org/theintercept/2014 ... case-pt-1/
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:23 am

Storm claims he is starting this tomorrow. We shall see
awright

Postby awright » Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:42 am

Tyler wrote:Storm claims he is starting this tomorrow. We shall see

I have a day off, I might too. I talked about it with a few coworkers today and they had no clue what a podcast even was so that discussion went nowhere.
storm

Postby storm » Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:09 pm

Made it through two podcasts so far. Kept me thoroughly entertained on the drive back to algona. A lot of twists and turns as new facts and interviews surface.

Team Adnan!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:21 pm

I think I am team Adnan 70% of the time. It's hard to defend him at times. No way was there enough evidence to convict him tho
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:08 am

Finished this yesterday. Still torn on if he did it or not, there is no clear cut side the host takes.
awright

Postby awright » Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:04 pm

A few episodes left, hard to listen to them anywhere but in the car. A two hour drive seemed like nothing with this to listen to.

I think I'm 8/12 episodes in. I hate how easy it is to flip flop on Adnan's guilt or role in the murder 3 or 4 times every episode. The guests to the show make excellent points about the lack of evidence pointing towards Adnan but the private investigator that was hired came on and changed my mind right back.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:34 pm

awright wrote:A few episodes left, hard to listen to them anywhere but in the car. A two hour drive seemed like nothing with this to listen to.

I think I'm 8/12 episodes in. I hate how easy it is to flip flop on Adnan's guilt or role in the murder 3 or 4 times every episode. The guests to the show make excellent points about the lack of evidence pointing towards Adnan but the private investigator that was hired came on and changed my mind right back.

That's what made the show so great and frustrating. I still don't know what to believe.
awright

Postby awright » Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:31 pm

Finished yesterday, I have to finish up some work at home this evening but afterwards I will be researching any developments in the case since the podcasts release. If you've read anything good, you should post it here.

Did anyone else finish? (I know storm started)
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:33 pm

I finished. Jay had a 3 part exlsuvie interview with some website a few months ago. He completely changed his story again and said what he said 15 years ago wasn't true and he was just a scared kid. I'll try to find again
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:33 pm

Tyler wrote:Jay, the kid who accused his friend of being the murder and claims he was there gave an interview yesterday. He didn't really cooperate with the podcast

https://firstlook.org/theintercept/2014 ... case-pt-1/

Oh wait. Found it. Durrrrrrr
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:42 am

This is the technology adoption lifecycle, but I think it applies to this podcast

I consider myself Early Adopter. I didn't listen from the beginning, but we were caught up by the time the podcast finished. I think it is getting to the Late Majority/Laggard stage now. A handful of people have told Jocelyn in the last month or so "I just heard about this amazing podcast, you should check it out." We even told some of these people about the podcast a year ago and they shrugged it off.

What I am saying is, we are all better than them.
wags83

Postby wags83 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:05 am

I don't listen and never plan to so I'm not even on the chart!
DannyFanny
Top Contributor

Postby DannyFanny » Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:28 am

I'm in Chris's boat. Not a place I generally like to be.
awright

Postby awright » Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:53 am

Phil Lord and Chris Miller are turning this into a TV show by the way...thought that was the topic you were going to post about.

I'm thankful you're an early adopter...helps me out when I'm in the early majority a lot of the time. I think with some things I can be early adopter but usually I'm in that early majority beginning zone. Innovative is the people that discover shit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:08 am

Salvo...anything to add?
itscsalvo

Postby itscsalvo » Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:25 am

Finished a week ago or so. Loved the series and the concept behind it. However, regarding this case, it's hard to point the finger at who is guilty and not guilty. Obviously, Jay isn't saying everything, and I think Adnad is in the same boat. I'm not sure what's happening here, if it's pride/loyalty in the mix, but I don't think they're both being honest. Because of that, the case details have gotten muddy.

One thing that completely shocked me was the "strategy" by the defense and not getting Asia McClane (not sure of spelling) involved immediately. I feel like that's a huge point to the case that was only partially dived on in the beginning and never followed through ever again.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:43 am

Last year she promised Season 2 would start in fall 2015. It started today. She barely kept her promise. I think it is military themed? Not sure though, have not researched.

Return to “Off Topic”