Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Woodworking

Talk about anything.
User avatar
Tyler
Owner
Posts: 22233
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:19 am
Location: Des Moines, IA
Contact:

Re: Woodworking

Postby Tyler » Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:05 am

I was going to borrow a table saw this weekend for some projects, but I really just need my own. I was thinking of a portable one that has a folding stand...but this is on sale...
http://www.sears.com/craftsman-10inch-t ... ockType=G1
EDIT: Ruled this one out. Miter slot isn't the industry standard and people hate the slide it comes with.

or this folding one
http://www.menards.com/main/tools-hardw ... 8000085371

or
http://www.sears.com/craftsman-10inch-j ... ockType=G3

I think this is the one!
http://www.lowes.com/pd_486267-52010-KT ... e%7C0&pl=1)
User avatar
cwilkins88
Top Contributor
Posts: 2538
Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Woodworking

Postby cwilkins88 » Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:42 am

That table saw is not nearly as expensive as I expected it to be.
User avatar
jathko87
Posts: 1877
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:28 pm
Contact:

Re: Woodworking

Postby jathko87 » Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:48 am

Tyler wrote:I was going to borrow a table saw this weekend for some projects, but I really just need my own. I was thinking of a portable one that has a folding stand...but this is on sale...
http://www.sears.com/craftsman-10inch-t ... ockType=G1
EDIT: Ruled this one out. Miter slot isn't the industry standard and people hate the slide it comes with.

or this folding one
http://www.menards.com/main/tools-hardw ... 8000085371

or
http://www.sears.com/craftsman-10inch-j ... ockType=G3

I think this is the one!
http://www.lowes.com/pd_486267-52010-KT ... e%7C0&pl=1)

How do you even have space for this? Storage unit?
User avatar
Tyler
Owner
Posts: 22233
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:19 am
Location: Des Moines, IA
Contact:

Re: Woodworking

Postby Tyler » Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:55 am

jathko87 wrote:How do you even have space for this? Storage unit?

You so badly want me to get a storage unit!
But that is a good question. I think it will fit under my workbench.
User avatar
jathko87
Posts: 1877
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:28 pm
Contact:

Re: Woodworking

Postby jathko87 » Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:04 am

I want you to have husses come help you pour a small pad and put up a nice one in your yard.
Is that so much to ask?


Are you living at your house forever? Like no plans of moving in the next 5 years?
User avatar
jathko87
Posts: 1877
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:28 pm
Contact:

Re: Woodworking

Postby jathko87 » Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:05 am

Then it's more storage on property for you, less lawn you have to mow.
User avatar
Tyler
Owner
Posts: 22233
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:19 am
Location: Des Moines, IA
Contact:

Re: Woodworking

Postby Tyler » Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:05 am

jathko87 wrote:I want you to have husses come help you pour a small pad and put up a nice one in your yard.
Is that so much to ask?


Are you living at your house forever? Like no plans of moving in the next 5 years?

Trust me, Kyle really wants to do that for me but I keep telling him no. And this will not be our forever house. I could see us moving in 5 years or so.
User avatar
Huss Buss
Top Contributor
Posts: 2590
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Woodworking

Postby Huss Buss » Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:07 pm

Tyler wrote:
jathko87 wrote:I want you to have husses come help you pour a small pad and put up a nice one in your yard.
Is that so much to ask?


Are you living at your house forever? Like no plans of moving in the next 5 years?

Trust me, Kyle really wants to do that for me but I keep telling him no. And this will not be our forever house. I could see us moving in 5 years or so.


hahaha, it's true, shed up
User avatar
Tyler
Owner
Posts: 22233
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:19 am
Location: Des Moines, IA
Contact:

Re: Woodworking

Postby Tyler » Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:13 pm

Like a glove.
Image
User avatar
bmyoungs
Moderator
Posts: 3759
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:20 pm
Contact:

Re: Woodworking

Postby bmyoungs » Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:29 pm

Can you deliver mine if I order one?
User avatar
Tyler
Owner
Posts: 22233
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:19 am
Location: Des Moines, IA
Contact:

Re: Woodworking

Postby Tyler » Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:07 pm

Isn't that what your Enclave is for?
User avatar
wags83
Moderator
Posts: 8773
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:05 pm
Location: Golden Valley, MN
Contact:

Re: Woodworking

Postby wags83 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:20 pm

You can made so many things now!





Like a storage shed!!!
User avatar
bmyoungs
Moderator
Posts: 3759
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:20 pm
Contact:

Re: Woodworking

Postby bmyoungs » Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:39 pm

Tyler wrote:Isn't that what your Enclave is for?

Encore! Duh.
User avatar
jathko87
Posts: 1877
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:28 pm
Contact:

Re: Woodworking

Postby jathko87 » Sat Feb 06, 2016 1:27 pm

wags83 wrote:You can made so many things now!





Like a storage shed!!!

Should make a storage shed right kyle?
User avatar
Tyler
Owner
Posts: 22233
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:19 am
Location: Des Moines, IA
Contact:

Re: Woodworking

Postby Tyler » Sat Feb 06, 2016 7:18 pm

Super happy with the table saw. Ripped quite a few boards today and it worked great. Saw is very solid
User avatar
Tyler
Owner
Posts: 22233
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:19 am
Location: Des Moines, IA
Contact:

Re: Woodworking

Postby Tyler » Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:04 am

Most proud of this window we did yesterday. We had to rip down the inside boards and built the sill from scratch. Kevin and Kyle did the trim. There was no white here before, just exposed rough window opening.
Image
User avatar
jathko87
Posts: 1877
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:28 pm
Contact:

Re: Woodworking

Postby jathko87 » Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:47 am

Wow your neighbor is creeping in your window kyle needs to help you put up a fence
User avatar
DannyFanny
Top Contributor
Posts: 2857
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:01 pm
Contact:

Re: Woodworking

Postby DannyFanny » Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:44 am

jathko87 wrote:Wow your neighbor is creeping in your window kyle needs to help you put up a fence



Or a nice big shed
User avatar
Huss Buss
Top Contributor
Posts: 2590
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Woodworking

Postby Huss Buss » Sun Feb 07, 2016 1:51 pm

wags83 wrote:You can made so many things now!





Like a storage shed!!!


probably don't need a table saw really for a storage shed.. compound miter saw for sure
User avatar
Huss Buss
Top Contributor
Posts: 2590
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Woodworking

Postby Huss Buss » Sun Feb 07, 2016 1:55 pm

Tyler wrote:Most proud of this window we did yesterday. We had to rip down the inside boards and built the sill from scratch. Kevin and Kyle did the trim. There was no white here before, just exposed rough window opening.
Image


this was fun to do since using all the tools..thanks glass.

Return to “Off Topic”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests